1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How Quickly They Forget!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jeannie, May 30, 2006.

1. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I dropped my car at the Toyota dealer late this afternoon for my leather seat upgrade and got a Camry as a loaner car.

First thing I noticed when driving - I had to interpret the position of a needle on a dial to figure out my speed - an analog speedometer!

I stopped at a convenience store on the way home to get a Diet Coke, and couldn't get the key out of the ignition - that's right, I actually had to insert a key in the ignition - horrors!

I struggled with the key, searched for the owner's manual - not there - and even asked someone else to see if they could figure it out - and finally called the dealership. One of the guys there talked me through a bunch of steps that still didn't work - then after he said 'Gee, I don't know what to tell you' he suddenly said - 'Wait, Wait - did you put the car in Park?" That was it - I forgot that on most cars you actually have to shift the car into Park instead of just turning off the power with the button!

<whine> I WANT MY PRIUS BACK!!!!!

2. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I did that a couple of times when I had my old car. My Celica would not let me take out the key out of the ignition if the gear is not in Park. I tried to pull the key out but couldn't and got frustrated. Then I stopped for a moment to think. Then I realized the gear was still in Drive.

I havn't driven any prehistoric car since I got my Prius about 3 months ago.

Dennis

3. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

<strike>prehistoric</strike> Priustoric

4. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ghostofjk @ May 30 2006, 07:38 PM) [snapback]263179[/snapback]</div>

Excellent!
    I had to move one of the work vans the other day. It had 2 keys, one for the ignition and one for the doors. After I got the right key I had to figure out how to put it in (not a 2 sided key). Really hurt my hand and wrist to turn the key a couple times to get the engine to turn on. Then I had to wrestle with this big "gear shift".....oh my heavens!!! Such an incredibly difficult chore!!

My new thing for the Prius ad campaign is:

MPG is great but I'm in it for the FPG (fun per gallon)!!

5. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

It seems that every time I drive my "other" car I find myself sitting behind the wheel wondering why nothing is happening. Then I remember that quaint "key" thing in my pocket!

6. Jeannie

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Salsawonder @ May 31 2006, 12:14 AM) [snapback]263233[/snapback]</div>
    I like that!

Of course, I broke a fingernail trying to open the loaner car's door this morning because I assumed it would unlock automatically since I had the key in my purse.

7. Somechic

Somechic Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeannie @ May 30 2006, 06:24 PM) [snapback]263029[/snapback]</div>
    Jeannie, I also live/work in the Central NJ area. Which dealer did you take it to for service? Lawrenceville Toyota? I almost bought my Prius there, but I went with another dealer because it came in quicker. I haven't used there Service Dept. and was curious if you had and what you think.

Thanks,

8. Jeannie

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Somechic @ May 31 2006, 08:46 AM) [snapback]263325[/snapback]</div>
    I got my car at Crystal Auto Mall in Green Brook in April, off the lot, because my old car was totalled. I haven't gotten any service there, but I'm getting a leather seat upgrade, and will get the car back on Thursday. I have a thread posted in the 'care and maintenance' forum where I'll report the results, which will reflect more on the sub-contractor than on Crystal itself.

I'll also post a question in that forum to ask people to report their general experience with service in central NJ.