1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How safe do you feel in your own home?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by AuntBee, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Nov 8 2006, 10:47 PM) [snapback]346048[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, and I feel like what I've said is out of context; it would be unfair for me to say that it was 'not my fault' ...'cause who knows if I said or did something during the terribly unpleasant process of ending communications between us (in which I played an equal part) that came out wrong or, yes, that I said in the heat of the moment. There's a lot of water under the bridge and I'd *never* say that I'm without blame. I think about what I might have done better now and then, too.

Anyhow, I apologize for bringing it up.

Oversharing.

One thing, though. PriusGuy04, it sounds like you're involved with law enforcement...this is a stupid question, but, might I ask, do you have a feeling for how long investigations of this sort remain active? The more I think about it, after the initial flurry of statements, people taking pictures, etc. and then submitting receipts for the repair work (to be put into the case file I was told), I've been (until now) doing my best to *not* think about it...and have neglected to follow up (if that's even what I'm supposed to do.)...?

I assume they'd contact me if they needed to...? I haven't messed up the whole thing by bringing it up in public, have I...?

Oh my gosh, now I'm really worried and feeling really uninformed.

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Nov 8 2006, 07:51 PM) [snapback]345925[/snapback]</div>
    I used to get up at 3am or 4 am, put on my clothes and go out in the back alley and ask the driver if he'd like me to knock on the door for him. Just tell me which apartment.

"Huh?"

"Well, it's not just your friend that hears your honking. We all do. And there's a baby sleeping in the next apartment building. Your car horn is not a door bell. Tell your friend to buy an alarm clock and be standing out here waiting for you."

"Oh, uh, okay."

Sometimes it was stupid, lazy guys honking to WAKE UP their car pool buddies because the buddies used their friends car horns as alarm clocks. Five min. of honking at 5 am? Get real.

Sometimes it was drug addicts who didn't know which apartment the dealer lived in. They're the last ones that want to draw attention to themselves. Duh.

BTW....they don't honk any more. Some crazy lady will come out half dressed and lecture you on courtesy and deportment.

3. AuntBee

AuntBee New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I hated it for my neighbors, but the police told me that I was one of three burglary victims in this subdivision that same night. So at least I know that it's probably not someone I'm aquainted with who did it. Got some motion detector flood lights for the back yard. I don't think my cat would let me get a dog, but I certainly thank you all for all of the tips and suggestions. I do have some good news to add. As I was walking around the yard late yesterday, I just happened to look down and saw something shiny in the grass. Turned out to be a tangled clump of seven of my ecklaces I thought I'd never see again, one belonging to my late great mom and two that were special because they were gifts from family members. Lucky for me they were sloppy burglars.