1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How tall is interior back end with seats down?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by seeh2o, Jul 20, 2016.

1. seeh2o

seeh2o Prius OG

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I've got two retired racing greyhounds that ride comfortably in my 2004 Prius with the back seats down. I'm wondering if, in the new Prius, there is as much space vertically for them to stand without having to ready duck their heads. I can't have crouching greyhounds going for 4-5 hour roadtrips. TIA

2. JimmyPri

JimmyPri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have the 2016 Prius model Three which has a spare tire so it probably has less verticle distance than the models without the spare. My measurements are 27 and one half inches with the seats backs down and measured up from the near the top edge of the seat back backs. Moving back towards the hatch but still on the seat backs you get 27 and three quarters. Then just where the glass of the hatch starts it is about 26 then the distance drops off sharply. If you put the seat backs back up for regular seating from the seat cushions is about 33 inches. If you want to get an idea of that cargo area I did a video on the cargo area. I just started a youtube channel and that video is up already and I will be doing more on the Prius. It is at Wonderful Wandering Topics - YouTube
    I hope this helps.

seeh2o and krmcg like this.