1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How the heck to I install this cargo cover?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by JayGen4, Mar 25, 2020.

1. JayGen4

JayGen4 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Can't figure it out. Do I pull that tab looking thing out? This is pretty highly recommended on Amazon people like it and it is made for this car. Just doesn't look like it fits at all.

Great, pictures aren't uploading but does anyone know if there's some odd trick or something to remove when installing the retractable cover? Looks like mine should fit fine otherwise but these tabs on here won't allow it. Maybe they pop off but I tried and no luck yet. Could try harder.

2. The Professor

The Professor Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    Assuming it's the same as mine, the tabs at the end of the metal bit squish into the body, making it an inch or two shorter. To attach to the car, you put one end in the recess just next to the top of the back wall of the rear seats, push it in hard by pushing on the other end of the cover (it should compress a bit), then sliding the other end into place. Leave go, and the end bits pop back out into the recess and hold it all in place.

3. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If the tabs or caps are spring loaded, push them in, then follow Professor's response above.

4. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There are tab thinks meant for grocery bags.
    Do you have a Two or Two ECO? My Two came with a cargo cover but they removed the cargo cover from the Two ECO in the middle of 2017, as well as removing the mounting needed for it. this happened when they added more safety features as standard. If you have a late 2017 Two ECO, there is no cargo cover mount.

5. JayGen4

JayGen4 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It's like a T shaped plastic sticking right out the center of where the heck cover would mount at the retractable end. Can't push them in at all. They appear to be fixed.

Not sure what the purpose is but my cargo cover appeared to be modified and it was 3rd party. Hopefully the one I had coming Friday will fit in to place.

6. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That is for the flexible cargo cover on the Trim Two. It opens with the hatch door. It does not retract but can be removed and folder up.
    In the first part of this video you can see one.

7. JayGen4

JayGen4 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You are right! I actually just did this before reading your post. Cargo cover installed.

First one was a hack job cover though and my second one is nicer so I'm glad I returned that one anyway.

Prodigyplace likes this.