1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to Activate your Complimentary ChargePoint Card (P.S. it has a limited life span)

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Tideland Prius, Dec 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    @bevhoward I no longer know the best way to get started learning about charging the Prime.
    One of the Big reasons I leased the 2014 Prius Plugin "PiP for short" was to learn about this new technology, both it's pros and cons. I'm still learning with the help of many other PC members sharing their knowledge concerning Prius, electrification networks and other new technologies.

I think the best place to start your journey concerning plugging in the Prime is in no particular order.
    either calling the chargepoint customer service # 1 888 758 4389
    or getting the chargepoint app for your phone
    or visiting EVSE | Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations | ChargePoint and have a look around.
    or visiting PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You knowing that your Prime uses the J1772 plug and can handle both 120 volts and 240 volts

I still use my old chargepoint card that I got when I leased the 2014 PiP. But some chargepoint chargers will only work if I install the chargepoint app on my phone, which I have not done yet. Instead I just go to plugshare and locate another charger I can use.
    You'll get the hang of it in no time, if you're interested in that aspect of your new Prime.

This is what the chargepoint cards look like, although I'm not sure chargepoint issues them any longer, you'd have to contact chargepoint to find out what is availble presently.
    Top 2017 issue
    Bottom 2014 chargepoint card
    20191026-chargepoint.jpg

in the 5 years I've been using public charging the number of charger listed on plugshare has more than doubled several times over. The same is true of the Tesla supercharger network if that's of interests you.

#201 vvillovv, Oct 26, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.