1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to destroy America.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluejay

bluejay New Member

Where do you get your information--entertainment tonight. We are invovled in almost every conflict currently and past. Whether by a militiary presence or supplying arms and other support.

2. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

You're taking that way out of context.

3. Mystery Squid

Yes, and so is almost every other nation on the planet within their own systems of conflict, what is your point?

4. Hallowday

Hallowday New Member

I don't understand your reply. My comments have nothing to do with immigration or Walker1's post. I was reading the thread and didn't see how having two degrees had anything to do with learning two languages. I had a hard enough time earning the degrees without even thinking about a second language. Then years later while travelling back and forth to Mexico I tried to learn Spanish but found it difficult only needing to speak it two days a quarter. I think what is dividing this country is bi-partisan bs and until somebody steps up and leads this country by putting themselves above all of it we will continue our spiral downward. The republicans had their chance and failed miserably along most fronts. Bi-partisan politics will hinder the next administration no matter who is inv power. It sounds like I made you mad Jack but I am not sure how. Help me out. :huh:

5. bluejay

bluejay New Member

wrong

6. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    :) You didn't make me mad. It seems like a perfect solution to a couple of problems at the same time. It may not work for the entire country but if I get the idea that I need to redo Spanish as a second language, I'm going to see about getting a work visa for someone who speaks it fluently. Granted, it wasn't your idea, exactly, but you made me think of it.

7. Mystery Squid

wrong

:lol:

8. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

Actually, understanding of other cultures and their economical diversities is more critical than our militaristic intimidation. Besides what does developing ideas have to to do with military?

9. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Informal fallacy. Category: ad hominem; subcategory: tu quo que (you too).

10. bluejay

bluejay New Member

Isn't that what clinton did? He got crucified in the process.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in agreement but aren't our leaders a reflection of our values. This is not a land by the people and for the people anymore--we've sold our soul to walmart, hence China.

11. Hallowday

Hallowday New Member

I see. Your right....I am a genious and don't know it. :eek: I wonder how many other ideas I have had in the past that otheres got rich off of. :blink: I think however, if I become wealthy enough to afford to have people clean my house and cut my lawn, I'll take a year off and spend it on some beach in Mexico and learn the language that way. :D

12. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    No, but we did invade another country in retaliation and invaded a second one that had nothing to do with "[sending] planes into (sic) building..." Also, we reelected a president because we like what he's doing, ostensibly to fight terrorism but just another excuse to have an intractable war that we can't win, where the only winners are the defense contractors, i.e. Haliburton.

(sic - into is not a word. correct usage: in to. Common mistake.)

13. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Actually, I was thinking of a pretty senorita in a skimpy maid's uniform. Heck, I'll cut the lawn :lol:

14. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    When you have limited dollars to spend and a family, you have to make choices.

Americans want a bargain. Americans have a twisted view of fair value. To Americans fair value is getting as much as you can for as little as possible. Hence the success of Walmart. Employers also want as much as they can get for as little as possible. Which is why they want to do away with minimum wage and be able to assign overtime without having to pay for it. What's next? Rescind child labor laws?

15. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    No, I'm not.

Illegal is illegal.

You want degrees of illegal. For one broken law you want full consequences. For a different broken law you want to reward the criminal because they were successful in their illegality or justified or some nonsense.

Illegal is illegal.

You don't like the law....you change it.

When you make a law...you enforce it.

Otherwise there is no point in having a law in the first place.

16. Mystery Squid

Ok, time for some analysis here...

...your quote:

How does the information you provided, prove "militarism" is "over rampant within American psyche"? How is it judged to be "lack of rational"?

All you're doing is regurgitating stats from *.org sites. Prove the connection to the PSYCHE, which is what YOU are claiming, which I asked for empirical data on.

On another front, the source (for which we'll assume, for the sake of argument, is accurate), shows spending for fiscal year 2005 ONLY. A more consistent, complete-picture analysis would include spending over, let's say, the last 50 years, not over the last 3 or 4 given we're actually INVOLVED in a multi-front war, NO KIDDING, we'll be spending more on military issues. On top of that, how many of those countries on that list were actively involved in multi-front wars in 2005? And those are just 2 points, there are numerous other factors to take into account for an accurate comparison. THEN, you *might* have something, but making the argument of "psyche" over a year on such limited perspective data? :lol:

Honestly, I can't believe you would make that claim on such "topographical" data.

See, that right there shows your level of spite. I really don't think you are able to accept points to the contrary of your core beliefs on these matters. It's just particularly disturbing you will base these beliefs of on single-sided presentations of data, as above.

17. Mystery Squid

Well, see, obviously we differ on the core assumptions, everything above and beyond is going to conflict.

18. Mystery Squid

To quote Obi Wan Kenobi, "Only a Sith deals in absolutes..." :lol:

Fleeing from persecution or extreme poverty, or any other humanitarian issue, is quite different.

19. bluejay

bluejay New Member

The invasion of Iraq was illegal.
    Speeding is illegal.
    Smoking pot is illegal.
    Cheating the IRS is illegal.
    Making, buying or selling bootlegg DVD's is illegal.

20. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Smashing the rearview mirrors of someone's truck because he pissed you off is illegal too, Squid :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.