1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to destroy America.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spunky

Spunky New Member

MS, the reference wasn't merely "negative", it was harking back to Hitler's and the Germany of the time's twisted reasoning behind the Jewish extermination campaign.

For heaven's sake, the man was refering to quotes out of Mein Kampf.
    By the way, I have read it. My parents, who lived through the bombing of Pearl Harbor and both had older brothers who fought in France and Italy, wanted me to understand what Hitler was about, from his own words. One uncle witnessed the liberation of a death camp. He told me about it. "It was pitiful. They was all bones! We gave 'em all the food we was carrying, they threw it back up. Pitiful, I'm telling you, pitiful." He shook his head, eyes staring, still horrified by what he'd seen.

I'm not Jewish but the thinking reflected in that post sends chills down my spine.

2. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

I respectfully disagree.

This:

"Had the Jews not sucked up all the money"...

Is no different than:

"Had the Protestants not sucked up all the money"...

"Had the Christians not sucked up all the money"...

"Had the Polish not sucked up all the money"...

"Had the Russians not sucked up all the money"...

"Had the Americans not sucked up all the money"...

3. Mystery Squid

Why don't you quit your belly-aching. Just because YOU don't like the phrasing of his words you threaten some sort of attempt to silence him.

Pathethic.

No surprise though.

4. Mystery Squid

I agree, I know people in this very same situation. Sucks.

5. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When there's no school I go to a professional employment group. Virtually all of the group is made up of over 50 white males. Occasionally there are a couple of over 50 women. I only remember 1 time when a black male was there. He was also over 50. Most all of them have 1 thing in common. They can't get a job worth going to. many are forced to work at a place like Home Depot, etc.

Doesn't say much for employers. They all want cheap labor with no benefits or pensions. That's the new way.

I hope our next President does something for those of us who really want work, but can't get it. Bush cares not for the working class.

6. dsunman

dsunman New Member

so what happened to the immigrants?

7. Spunky

Spunky New Member

Classifiying people, putting them into categories, is not a good thing. The skill of boxing things into categories might have evolutionary value but it's a negative knee-jerk reaction in today's society.

Once people are categorized, it becomes easy to discriminate against those arbitrarily put into particular groups. It's easy to adopt an "us" against a "them" mentality.

As far as accusing Protestants of sucking up money, I've seen the remnants of the damage to cathedrals in France, from the Huguenot riots (~1550-1560's). Beautiful statuary with their heads knocked off, burned-out and abandoned churches. Artwork depicting the killings during those riots still exist. People were proud of how loyal, how patriotic, they were.

If westerners are lumped together as "Christians" then more contractors and missionaries can be beheaded by jihadists.

Categorizing people as Jewish (or Japanese or Italian or Scottish (during the American Revolution) or whatever) and then putting them in an unfavorable light, is just plain wrong. That sort of thinking is behind much of man-made human suffering.

8. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It's interesting to me that a thread entitled "How to Destroy America" has turned into people attacking each other. I think we have successfully identified how to destroy America.

9. Spunky

Spunky New Member

:lol:

10. Mystery Squid

...and speaking of Jews/WWII/Nazi's....

Thanks to liberals like CRACKER-jack, this man's career is over:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/new_hamps...holocaust_joke/

Of course, if he made a joke about any other genocide, it's reasonably unlikely any disciplinary measures would have been taken against him...

11. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    He's lucky they didn't fire him.

12. Spunky

Spunky New Member

An Israelie friend revealed how the Arab countries could finally defeat Israel. Just leave her alone, ignore her. Without an outside foe to rally against and fight, the different factions within Israel would turn on one another and tear their own country apart.

Eben told me this in the late 70's.

13. Mystery Squid

Yeah, but now he's been tar-and-feathered as an anti-Semitic Nazi. Damage is already done, people aren't going to forget for a loooong time.

14. Spunky

Spunky New Member

:mellow: Here it is again, the idea that everyone has complete control over their destiny. If you think that you have complete control over your life, your in for a big surprise. You have an influence on your fate, but you dont control it. You can improve your chances by making a huge effort, but this doesn't always work. You are merely blowing around in the wind, tommorow could be your last day. You can work as hard as humanly possible, do an equal if not better job than everyone else, know more and still struggle to find work because you don't have have the right connections. You won't understand this until something happens to you that make it very clear to you that you don't have complete control over your life.
    [snapback]208900[/snapback]​
    [/quote]

Sailors live the contradiction you point out. The oceans are huge, the boats so small. A good sailor studies the weather, learns to read the stars, maintains her own boat, works on harnessing the wind, just so she can fly across the seas. One day the water might decide to take she and her vessel down but sailing is all about overcoming fear, physical weariness, mental fatigue, and periods of boredom in pursuit of those moments of bliss.

If there is no joy in your work then it's time to find another job, maybe a new career. Being "let go" turn out to be the best thing to happen to you.

I've been there. My experiences at the Unemployment office were crushing. Don't allow the negative culture there to infect your search for meaningful employment. Use the time to decide what your life is really for and then go out and do what is needed to get there. Life really IS too short.

15. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Only a Nazi sympathizer could write this. Only someone who either denies the Holocaust occurred or downplays its horror---or is glad it happened---could write that to say that about Jews is no different from saying it about anyone else.

History has made it irrevocably different.

Around a month ago you fed me a link to one of your by-now-famous internet sicko sources, a Nazi/skinhead site. I should have called your game then.

You are racist slime.

16. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Yeah, right. "Phrasing". Play literalist with me, imbecile.

Hitler-loving creep.

17. Mystery Squid

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EXACTLY THE POINT!!!!

Now I'm a "Hitler-loving creep" because of my perspective on the issue.

...all it took was not seeing eye to eye with you on it, and now I'm a full fledged member of the Nazi party...

:rolleyes:

18. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

I'm 64 and have been without FT work since being laid off at 61.

Yesterday, after my 37th interview (out of about 75 applications over three years), I was offered full-time work with benefits. I accepted. Yes, the work is slightly "demeaning" compared to what I did during my 35-year career, and yes, it pays less than half of what I earned in 1999. But my first responsibility is to do the best I can for my family, not wallow in my wounded pride.

19. Mystery Squid

"Hitler-loving creep."

"imbecile."

"racist slime"

Wow Jack, for a self proclaimed "peaceful liberal", you certainly don't hesitate to throw far more, and bigger, stones than I, the seemingly staunch Republican.

:rolleyes:

20. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Our president is not the only one who does not care about the working class. This is the very essence of the Wally World thread. People care more about their individual wants (I wont use "needs" here) then they do about each other. There is little support for the individual, for the local company.

This could not have been more eloquently phrased. Horton send shivers down my spine because he would support another Hitler. The "Melting Pot" is boiling over and there is no one in the Kitchen to stop the fire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.