1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to determine what PRIUS I have?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Bud Curtis, Oct 2, 2013.

1. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    It is really simple, if they have correctly determined that it is a 2011 model, Toyota only made the liftback in 2011, so it must be one.

The v, PIP, and c were all introduced in 2012.

2. Steve terry

Steve terry Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    They do make it a little confusing on trim model. But in the end for ordering parts or accesories, does it matter as long as we know it is a gen 3.

3. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    It does matter for some exterior pieces and some interior trim pieces, for example the tailights changed between 2011 and 2012, as did the front grill.

4. Rukhsar Khan

Rukhsar Khan New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Amazing Thanks a lot, I bought a Prius 2013 Model Gen 3. I am very confused while connecting my multimedia system to Entune, because it's been 20 days I can't figure out if it has GPS or no. Firstly it doesn't have APPS button on the interior so I assume this Prius isn't compatible with navigation system. I can connect my phone with audio, handsfree calling everything is good. But I can't find any app except fuel pricing. Any help? Plus while connecting Entune it says invalid VIN number. What should I do.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    From the 2013 Prius Product Information:

upload_2017-1-31_21-41-37.png

No navigation but you do have apps depending on when the vehicle was built. I think Entune can be updated to include that but I'm not 100% sure.

6. woe12

woe12 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Generation III are Prius 2010 to 2015.
    However Generation I, II, III and IV Prius has trim levels I, II, III, IV, and V .Which are listed bellow.

There is no Prius I for years prior to 2017.
    • Prius I (starting in 2017, this is the base model Prius and possibly the best deal of all its siblings)
    • Prius II – EV mode, driver-side Smart Key System, Touch Tracer Display, Cruise Control, Rear Wiper, Tonneau Cover, passenger side seatback pocket, AM/FM/MP3 CD player with satellite radio antenna, auxiliary audio jack and six speakers
    • Prius III – Model II equipment plus JBL AM/FM/MP3 6-disc CD changer with eight speakers, integrated XM satellite radio capability, hands-free phone capability via Bluetooth® wireless technology
    • Prius IV – Model III equipment plus three-door Smart Key System; leather-trimmed interior; heated front seats with driver lumbar support; step lamp;; driver and front passenger water repellant windows; upgraded front and center pillar trim; plasma cluster; auto dimming mirror and HomeLink®
    • Prius V – Model IV equipment plus 17-inch alloy wheels; LED headlamps with auto leveling and washers and foglamps.
    Prius C (2012-2019) are Generation IV and has "Prius C" written on the driver side of the trunk.

I hope that helps.

7. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    mine has hud, single CD player and solar roof, according to your info I have a unicorn Prius.

8. txexplorer

txexplorer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring