1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

how to disable BT music with iphone 5 2012 Prius Two

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by steverw, Dec 14, 2013.

1. steverw

steverw New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have a Prius two 2012, have been using an old ipod for music over USB, and a blackberry over bluetooth handsfree profile. blackberry phones allow you to manage which BT profiles are connected, I disabled the music over BT profile. but now I just got an iphone 5s to replace both phone and ipod, it automatically pairs with all profiles supported by the car, no disable or selection per profile. I want to play music over USB, not BT, the quality is better. but the iphone doesn't support both, if BT music is enabled, then that is where it goes. i have not found a way to disable the BT music. I confirmed with Apple tech support, they say the car side decides what services to pair with the phone, the iphone just slavishly does what it is told with no user control options. Looking then at option control on the radio side, i have looked at the radio BT setups, there is no option i can find to select which profiles to automatically connect.

can anyone tell me how to configure the BT settings so the iphone is registered only for handsfree and not BT music? Pls note that have only the basic display audio...

2. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    U have the basic display audio without Navi?

3. trammatic

trammatic New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I actually would like to do the opposite as I would like my phone calls private. I have an iPhone5 iOS 7.1 with a 2014 Prius Two. Does any one know if it's possible to disable phone functions and keep only BT audio?

Appreciate the help in advance!

4. Alan Claver

Alan Claver Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five