1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to do Fan mod for 2nd Gen Hybrid battery fan with Torque Pro

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by GoodByeGas, Aug 8, 2018.

1. GoodByeGas

GoodByeGas Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hi been searching everywhere but cant find how to to the fan mod. I have Torque Pro with OBD bluetooth and can read gauges fine but dont know how to do fan mod. Any video or tutorial that shows steps? I would like to run fan at higher speeds or adjust manually at will. I am using the custom PID for the Prius provided on Torque as well . Thanks.

PriusCamper likes this.
  2. MickyMatter

MickyMatter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    With Torque Pro I don't know, too.
    But with Hybrid Assistant you can let the fan blow at full speed or automatically when the battery temp sensor reaches a chosen high level until it drops some degrees below it for cooling purposes. For warm up in cold winter days there is a function, too.

audiodave and GoodByeGas like this.
  3. GoodByeGas

GoodByeGas Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Wow really!? Cant wait to try Hybrid Assistant! I had seen it on the App store. Gonna check it out and get back to you. Thanks!!

4. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah... I have the same problem with Torque pro... Not just fan control, but the Pids for Prius voltage and resistance for 14 hybrid pack books are out of order/typos and it's the number one comment in the Android Play Store with 38 thumbs up yet the creator of the app [email protected] (aka: Ian Hawkins) has gone dark and hasn't updated anything since last May. Seems like he's no longer servicing the app, let alone replying to emails sent to him or comments/concerns, just raking the money in till people realize his app is broken and outdated/no longer supported. Hybrid Assistant is what I'm gonna try next...

5. MickyMatter

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm using Torque Pro, too. And it's fine.
    But the PIDs aren't part of the app. Some are included, but most of CAN-BUS informations are secret. Luckily many of the PIDs of the Prius got leaked and are known now. Try these here

PriusCamper likes this.
  6. MickyMatter

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
  7. MickyMatter

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
  8. GoodByeGas

GoodByeGas Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Happy to report that Hybrid Assistant DOES give the option to manually run the fan. Its an easy push button option. Only thing is it runs fan at full blast lol. At 6! See attached picture. Thank you MickyMatter!

Attached Files: