1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to fix or replace middle LCD?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Angelina J, May 6, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Angelina J

Angelina J New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi hope you're all doing fine.
    i have a Prius 2016 Hybrid
    My prius LCD screen was broke due to my purse hitting it..
    I dont want to replace the whole Unit. I was wondering are there any place that i can find the LCD alone?
    I have no idea whta to search for or what's its called.
    My VIN is JTDKB3FU0G3518441
    and here is some pics of how is it damaged...
    Any help would be appreciate much.
    Thank you

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      71.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Animal Mother

Animal Mother New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Angela, yours is a JBL head unit, which is unfortunately harder to source a replacement for than the more common non-JBL units, and therefore more expensive. You may be able to find a replacement touch screen (digitizer) but some quick searches I did weren’t able to pull up a good replacement for these. If you do go that route be careful as some are low quality and may not be worth trying to replace.

I think your best bet would be buying a replacement head unit on eBay. I’m not affiliated with the seller below but I think they’re offering the closest thing to what you’re looking for:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/174075466984?hash=item2887b4d4e8:g:8HQAAOSwqfZaVTUC&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA8ESisAeoLncFafKz8DNdmWJ7OwPKv39C59VdE6dqx8eCHny%2B7f1XtYGUAAo0zRwpHs8Z8WJUcVyEzt1IC6D%2FGK7tJyLwdnxSKQQLaZgIFzzFTf7I9s2pxJkOgtwxBq5d0SBMCRX7hsKNk656XVhavhzHfLxK473Oz%2BxQAqQH7hSb9PvtcBkc8Fblnlh3n5Ob4MuLLFClhHE4vVbDDtu9PkHdKBIdZ%2BoDEcKdmmAnG8ETWtuNuSpmSNuaoBXZi9JG7IX564XQlm0vnm63sV3eeFkWyVLyK8uPy82IoN0Suf97rjhbu1ItXIr3HWP%2FFoDcGA%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR-biuv7-YQ

For about $350 they’ll ship you a replacement factory head unit, you can then install it and send your old unit back to them as a “core.” They also have a phone number on their ad that you could call them to see if it’s cheaper just to mail them yours for repair.

Angelina J likes this.
  3. Angelina J

Angelina J New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you for your great information.
    I appreciate this!

4. Animal Mother

Animal Mother New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sure thing, there are some YouTube videos on how to remove the head unit. It doesn’t look terribly difficult but if that is intimidating you may want to call some car stereo shops in your area and see if they are willing to swap it out for you.