1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to fold tonneau cover?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by MrMischief, May 22, 2016.

1. MrMischief

MrMischief Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Such a stupid question, I'm sure I'm just missing something obvious. The dealer "installed" the lightweight folding tonneau cover for me when I took delivery. That was all well and good until I went to take a load of cardboard that had been building up to the recycling center. I could not figure out how to fold the tonneau cover! The instructions on the bag made me think you twist this then flip that and viola! But it never really seemed like the shapes were coming out right. My wife and I struggled with it for entirely too long (15 min maybe?) and I even googled it but of course came up with a bunch of truck stuff. At this point I feel so stupid, I'm going to probably need a video or at least some clear pictures of what it should look like midway through and at the end. I can twist it then sort of fold it where I'm sure I can get it into the bag, but it doesn't look right and I don't want to force it into a shape the wrong way 'round.

Thanks, sorry I'm stupid....

2. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    From what I recall doing to the one in the showroom...

Twist your right wrist down and your left wrist up...voila...

3. mudworm

mudworm Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When I searched on the topic on Google, this thread showed up. I was surprised that there was not a quick demonstration of the action online. I post mine here; maybe it'll help some people.

[​IMG]