1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to get access to maintainence reminders on the mfd?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by repnatl, Jul 30, 2017.

1. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I have the maintenance schedule booklet from Toyota but I would have printed it from an online source if it hadn't come with the used car. I track fillups, repairs and maintenance in a 12-column ledger I picked up at Office Depot. Very clean, convenient and thorough. I don't bother with receipts unless it's something that has a warranty on it. Those get shredded when the warranty period is over.

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I am a bit of a pack rat with receipts. OTOH, they contain all the info, ie: parts numbers, dates, prices. I'm virtually all DIY btw.

srellim234 likes this.
  3. padroo

padroo Senior Member

Chesterton, Indiana Another third world country.
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I used to use a white board in my garage to remember major and minor maintenance of my cars but after getting my 2008 i did use the MFD to do my oil changes and tire rotations. As far as keeping receipts, I have enough paperwork to keep track of I don't print receipts at gas stations and I quit tracking gas mileage after the first full year of ownership. I just went through my household and personal paperwork last year and shredded back 20 years of old receipts.

I went back to the dealer and told them I forgot to delete all my personal information stored in my Gen2 and they said they always delete it anyway. I hope they did mostly because of phone contacts that were stored.

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    As far as I can tell, the feature isn't a 'log' at all. It just has a bunch of predefined categories like oil filter, air filter, tire rotation, etc., plus a few you can define yourself, and each one has a mile counter or a date you can set. When the miles elapse or the date arrives, it pops up a reminder screen. When you do the work, you can reset the miles or advance the date, and it will pop up again when it's time. There isn't any past record that it keeps, as far as I see.

I think the counters are nonvolatile ... I think I have had the 12 V cut off and didn't lose the miles to go. But I'm not 100% certain.

-Chap

Mendel Leisk likes this.