1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to get cash for Hybrid Battery Cores

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by seany001, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Renee'

Renee' New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    seany001 you may try to contact Auto be yours or Daytona Hybrids. I know they purchase core batteries.

2. George W

George W Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I'm getting ready to invest in cylinder batteries. Dr Prius tells me I have two bad cells, but I am not the DIY type with the space and equipment to diagnose and replace. Would you be interested in the other 26?

3. nathaniel Stuckey

nathaniel Stuckey New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I'm looking for a buyer for my pack i pulled out of my car its pretty much a core lot of good parts on there few good modules but some are bad. Can any one point me in the right direction. Thanks im in the 61054 zip code

4. Uhmeleah89

Uhmeleah89 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My husband and I are into scraping and came across three fully intact 2008 prius batteries that have been sitting maybe a little under a year. We want to know what the most lucrative option would be to sell them. We are in San Francisco. Thanks

5. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    List on craigslist for best offer. You really don't know what you have there, it could be worth $100, it would be worth more. How are you able to determine they are 2008 and they have only been sitting under a year?

SFO likes this.
  6. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Many users have sold items here in the marketplace where you can sell items for free : Private Sales | PriusChat

==

Be sure to check and adjust your messaging preferences inside "Contact Details" : https://priuschat.com/account/contact-details

Scroll down under "Messaging Preferences" and check the middle and last boxes titled :

1. Accept conversations from... [ select "members only" from the drop down menu ]
    2. Receive email when a new conversation message is received. Email notifications for new conversations, replies to existing conversations, and being added to an existing conversation.
    Don't forget to hit "Save" when finished. #1 will allow you to receive private conversations and #2 will alert when you have one.

==

You can also receive email when someone replies, just check the first two boxes under Preferences : https://priuschat.com/account/preferences
    1. Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...
    2. and receive email notifications of replies
    Don't forget to hit "Save" when finished. This will alert you to new replies to threads you're interested in (like this one for example).