1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to get the MP3 onto the HDD

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by robby3, May 5, 2011.

1. robby3

robby3 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I checked the manual back and forth but have only found a part that describes how to "record" an MP3 from a normal audio CD track. But I have them already as MP3 on the CD inserted and want them to move over to the HDD. But how do I do that ?

2. skilbovia

skilbovia Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    There is no HDD on Prius audio systems. Stored music can be played using a flash drive, iPod, etc. via the USB port if you have one on your Prius audio system.

3. robby3

robby3 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm sorry this is wrong at least for our European Nav. system where a 40GB HDD is installed. It is used to hold the Nav data and is able to convert audio CD's into 128 bit MP3 that are stored onto the remaining space (for about 2000-3000 songs). Toyota calls it music library. But it seems that it cannot simply copy MP3's over.

4. skilbovia

skilbovia Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It's different here in the US. Nav data is on a DVD and there is no HDD.

5. johalareewi

johalareewi Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You have to use your PC to convert the MP3 files onto an Audio CD. You can then load this CD into the player and copy to the HDD.

6. andrel42

andrel42 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wondering if someone could help me. Every time I insert a CD which displays the song titles etc. and then copy it to the internal HDD the artist, song titles etc are reset to Track1, Track2, etc. Is this normal (illogical) behavior?
    Thank you!
    Andre

7. tach18k

tach18k Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Andrel42, yes correct, the info is in the file and not in the title track. If you were to copy a CD of music, it will only show the track number CD Track 1, as say the title of the song.

andrel42 likes this.