1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

how to / guide for removing the factory radio ?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Jason in OZ, May 11, 2014.

1. Jason in OZ

Jason in OZ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hello all.

i did a search, but didn't find anything for a how to or guide to remove the factory radio.
    is there a specific set of instructions preferably with pictures that shows how to remove it ?

i need to get at the back of it in order to install the VAIS MML that i just bought for the car.
    i know that he two silver strips either side of the radio just pull off, but after that im lost...

if there is no guide, i will make one once i figure it all out....

thanks in advance.

Jason.

found this. very helpful.

Jason

HeadOfJarg and koolingit like this.
  2. Mgrad92

Mgrad92 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It'll cost you $10–$15, but Crutchfield's MasterSheet instructions have helped me a few times over the years with a few cars, including with removing the radio in my 2005 a few weeks back. MasterSheets have to be ordered over the phone, apparently, which is obviously less than convenient for international orders, but I've found them to be a big help.

3. Jason in OZ

Jason in OZ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    i just watched the video a few times before heading out to the garage and tackling the job.

installed the MML, programed it and it's up and running.
    i will add a video demonstration to my mods thread tomorrow..

Jason.