1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to include pictures

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by nerfer, Mar 20, 2008.

1. gabrie

gabrie New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    One
    I do not think you can upload more pictures after reaching the limit, but this is more a question for Danny. I am also looking for ways to reuse an attachment that you have uploaded, but you can not make it through the window of the attack is. Once it's there, that is. (But you may find the attachment in previous post, how to use the method of 'image' link to its URL (bringing the tip called the 'Insert Image')).

Unless you are a heavy user of the picture, when they reached the limit (if any) of disk space would be cheaper and the limit will be raised. :cheer2:

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    True. At that point you have to delete some of your old attachments. I've had to do that a few times in the 8 years I've been on Prius Chat. (Since I'm too lazy to sign up for and use a picture hosting site.)

ETP likes this.
  3. hsnyder

hsnyder Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Have searched and can't find answer to this question, but I'm trying to some embed pics from Picasa web albums and can't seem to get them to show inline in the post.

Anyone know how to do this?

Possible, even?

Thanks!

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You have to right click on the Picasa photo and select "Copy Image URL", then click the button in the editor that looks like a photo of a tree. Paste the url of the photo, click "Insert" and you're done.

The code should look like this:
    Code:
    [IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-vtVQgZBEeM0/SXZLj36kADI/AAAAAAAACps/NwRPiKswtF8/s816/DSC_1094.JPG[/IMG]

And the final product like this:
    [​IMG]

5. hsnyder

hsnyder Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Danny - Awsome. Thank you. Let's see:

[​IMG]

Et voila!

Thanks!

ETP likes this.
  6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Curious image rotation:
    [​IMG]

If you open the image in a separate browser window, it is oriented properly. I also tried the "rotate" buttons to no effect.

As background, I stitched two images together in OpenOffice but to make the text readable, I rotated them before stitching them together using a screen-shot program. Then I rotated the image 90 degrees before saving it as a file. I also used iPhoto to make sure it is rotated.

I can not rule out some 'meta data' still in the image. Just not having a lot of luck.

Bob Wilson

7. JimLudden

JimLudden New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I do not see the paper-clip icon on the editor toolbar. I do see an image icon, but it only allows a reference to a URL.
    Could this be due to the new server? (Seems unlikely.)

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It appears related to the new server. I haven’t heard anything back from Danny when I asked for an update.

Mendel Leisk likes this.