1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to initialize driving support ECU?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Daniel chen, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Daniel chen

Daniel chen New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all:
    I live in Asia, My car is 2016 prius ,but adaptive cruise control is not full-speed, I know prius in USA equipped with full-speed ACC, someone in our country buys this driver support ECU from USA and succefully change to full-speed ACC, I want to buy the ECU to change my car, but i dont know how to initialize this ECU in 2016 prius, thanks for your help

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I don’t have any information about replacing ECUs with parts intended for a different model or country; you do this entirely at your own risk. Consider that the systems or features involved may seem to operate as you expect, but they might not work properly under all conditions. There may also be safety or legal reasons that Toyota did not include certain features on vehicles built for sale in your country.

That said, in the U.S. edition of the Repair Manual, available by subscription to techinfo.toyota.com, the instructions for removing and installing the Driving Support ECU mention only the initialization procedures for the steering angle neutral point and back door lock, which are to be done any time the auxiliary (12-volt) battery is disconnected, plus the SRS diagnostic check required after reinstalling the lower instrument panel sub-assembly. I couldn’t find a published initialization procedure for the Driving Support ECU itself.

The Repair Manual does have adjustment procedures for the front camera and for the millimeter wave radar sensor assembly. I don’t know if these procedures would be needed if the Driving Support ECU were replaced with one having different software.

RCO and alanclarkeau like this.
  3. Daniel chen

Daniel chen New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    thanks for your comment, your advice is very good.Maybe i should cancel my plan