1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

how to install "hybrid" logo on front fenders

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by cnschult, Jan 12, 2008.

1. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    for xmas I received 2 genuine OEM "hybrid" chromed plastic logos that go on the front fenders to make my 2005 like like a newer prius,

I know I just clean & dry the fenders, peel the paper and stick them all straight, but does anyone know what the ambient temperature should be for proper adhesion?

there are no instructions with them and were purchased on ebay

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just a guess but > 10°C/50°F should be sufficient. >15°C/59°F preferable (as stated on the insurance decal to be affixed to the rear number plate). I installed my VVT-i emblem in the summer so no temperature issue there. (done in the shade of course).

3. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    try to apply at between 15 and 25 degrees Celsius
    Clean the area with alcohol
    Measure where you are putting the emblem
    Use masking tape to create a level line the emblem will be above, because that is easier to remove than the emblem will be if you mess it up.
    Mark on the strip of tape where the emblem will be
    Remove the backing from the emblem and carefully place the emblem where marked on the tape, place the bottom first and roll up
    Press firmly for a minute
    Remove tape and clean up
    Admire perfectly applied emblem.
    Now do the other side exactly the same

Note; if both sides aren't exactly the same that isn't a total disaster, you can't see both at once.
    There is enough adhesive tape on the few grams of emblem to hold several pounds so don't sweat too much over temperature.