1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to install shark fin antenna?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by andreax716, Jun 28, 2008.

1. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh, I'll install your shark fin attenae for ya...

You're going to need a bigger ladder...

Then you throw bloody chum on your roof and wait.

Sooner or later it will show up and try to destroy your Prius. You'll end up peddling home on a bicycle built for two with Richard Dreyfus.

I'd stick with the OEM.

2. ben12345

ben12345 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    MacMaster05
    So how did your installation go?

3. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Haha pretty well. This was a long time ago but I remember using blue tape to mask off the outline. As far as using a tape measurer to measure the width of the car and find the centerpoint, that didn't work for me. I just eyeballed it and then worked to find the center from there. I might have biffed pressing it down, because I think the back of the fin is 1mm asymetrical. However, nobody can tell and neither can I after 8 months with it. In fact I almost forgot about it...until you asked me. :D

Shark fin is a must IMO, I wouldn't go back.

4. TheNewGuy8

TheNewGuy8 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just installed my own shark fin. LOVE IT.

I was able to do it by standing in doorway of the back seat - sometimes (with no shoes) stepping onto the seat.

I aligned it by sighting off the back and the front of the car, using a focused LED light to cast shadows on the walls in front and behind the car (was in a garage). Worked great.

And, though I haven't dont lots of testing, radio reception appears to still be pretty decent. Definitely down, but still good (if I ever listen to radio i only use NPR).

Definitely a great mod, changed the whole look of the car.

5. dpham

dpham Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    my shark fin arrive, order from Prius shop, install and looking great. However, the next day i parked my car outside with ambient temp over 100 F. Before i went home, i check and about 2/3 of the tape come off and very won't "firm" sticking back. I took off very easy and not sure how i mount it back

any idea? waiting for the answer from Prius shop...