1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to post pics?

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by SILVERCwSUN, Jun 22, 2012.

1. SILVERCwSUN

SILVERCwSUN Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I am using an iMac and just need a little advice on posting pics. When I went to upload from iPhoto I was prompted that the pic was too large. So did the file transfer to Shutterfly and still just can't seem to post any pics. I apologize if this question has been asked already. I could not seem to find the pic posting help link. We picked up our C last night and I was going to post of few pics.

Thanks in advance for any directions...

Dave

2. Mik1

Mik1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I believe the web page has a limit on the picture size. If I am not mistaken it is something around 100 Kb. If your picture is larger than that it might be a reason why you can not attach the file. I don't have a Mac but whenever I attach the file I just shrink it in Microsoft Paint.

3. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It's so easy I missed it for weeks.

Just click on the "Upload File" button and browse your computer for the pic. Probably best to pick the "Thumbnail" option vs. the full size. Makes it easier and faster for people reading the messages.

SILVERCwSUN likes this.
  4. SILVERCwSUN

SILVERCwSUN Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks ProximalSuns!

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I've posted pictures in older threads. Revisiting them I see the pictures are not showing now; I'd assume since the site revision. Is there a simple way to remedy that?

6. ProximalSuns

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You could edit the message and "Upload a File" of the pic if it's important, deleting the old reference during the same edit.

Danny can weigh in on where the old pic are located. Moving the picture libraries is tricky as the older and newer software handle pic very differently.

7. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    [​IMG]Too bad if the site switch has broken all the picture links, for good. Lemme see if can link something now. Ok, doable.

8. ProximalSuns

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The new forum software is much easier for posting pics with comments. No need to leave the page to add to album and all that hooha. Just "Upload a File".

The change broke some links and left others. Not really much that can be done when upgrading the software. Easy enough for people to fix if they see the broken links and easier to use going forward.

9. SaintJude

SaintJude Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When I attempt to post from my iPad the choose file button is grayed out or dithered. Is it not possible to post pictures from an iPad?

10. ProximalSuns

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Not yet. An iPad/IOS issue which Apple has fixed in next release of IOS, IOS6, out this fall

SaintJude likes this.