1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to program a "new" remote key

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Dxta, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Dxta

Dxta Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi everyone! Been a long time. Pls I lost my remote key today, and I have not been able to get it.
    I have gotten a used one, that I need to reprogram to the ECU.
    Here is my question:
    . How do I get to make this so-called new key(used key I got), to switch on the ignition system, before I begin the programming, seeing that this is not its original key, so that means there's no way the transponder can work here?

If you've been in that situation before, pls advice.

2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Hi Dxta,

Sorry to hear about that happening. If I remember right, @3prongpaul is very very knowledgeable about key programming and recovering from lost keys. He's had some posts that discuss it. Maybe you can search his threads or PM him.

3. Dxta

Dxta Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi TMR. Being a while here. Ok thanks for your replies. Would PM him right away.

4. Allan Gee

Allan Gee New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I don't have the FCC code for my 2007 Gen 2 Prius FOB Key. I replaced the case on my usual key (and didn't keep the FCC info) and my spare was lost by a friend who was taking care of my car while I was overseas. I want to program a new key but need that FFC code. Would you help me out with that number? I see a lot of keys for sale sporting the US code but I'm unsure if that code is the right one. my key is 312.2mhz. thanks.

5. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Best way to get the correct fob is to get one from the dealer by using the VIN (vehicle identification number).

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.