1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to program multiple destinations in NAV?

Discussion in 'Prius v Technical Discussion' started by catsbox, Jun 9, 2012.

1. catsbox

catsbox Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    In my generation 2 and 3 Prius, the Nav allowed me to program several destinations along the route of a trip. I can't figure out how to do the same thing with the Prius V. Does the new Nav in the V not have this capability?

2. parnami

parnami Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    It has the ability. It took me some time to figure it out, and I'm not sure I can do it from memory, but, I'll try and see if I remember. With a route already set, click the select a destination button, then the "waypoint" tab. You can then add the waypoint from your saved destinations, from a points of interest menu, or whatever. You'll then be asked where in the route the new destination should be placed. It works, and, once you get the hang of it, is not too troublesome to use. Overall, the nav system is not at all bad. It just takes some time playing with it to become familar and begin to appreciate it's capabilities.

catsbox and Quentin like this.
  3. owayneo

owayneo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III
    I'll second that. At first, I thought I'd just keep on using my smartphone nav, but now I use the built-in one, it even has a nicer voice than the one on my smartphone.

4. Adam H

Adam H Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Along the same lines, say I'm someplace--how do I set a waypoint at that place?

5. syscon

syscon Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The current GPS is missing current coordinate feature. Showing driver its current GPS position: latitude and longitude.
    Unless I missed it somehow.

6. parnami

parnami Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    lol...I believe that's there too....buried somewhere.."advanced" maybe? I know it's possible to save a location by entering map coordinates. There's also a button to provide info regarding elevation. Off hand, the only way I know to save a current location would be to also click "advanced" then select a position from the map. Zoom in the map as close as possible and touch your current position. You should then be provided the screen allowing you to name the coordinate.

Again, I'm working from memory and not sitting in the car and it's been a while since I pressed all the buttons to see what they did, but I'm pretty sure I'm fairly accurate if not totally accurate, though I do stand to be corrected if I'm not?

7. Adam H

Adam H Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Yes that's what I've been doing. I take a stylus and press over the current location. It then gives me an option to rename it and save it.

8. sURFNmADNESS

sURFNmADNESS Prii Family

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three