1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to remove A Pillar ? And how to access fuse box on driver's side?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by col127, Aug 16, 2012.

1. col127

col127 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hi All!

Starting to build up some confidence to do my auto dim mirror install myself... But I need help! How do you remove the A pillar on the driver's side? Is it difficult to do?

Also, in the manual, it says there's a fuse box under the driver side instruments... how do you get to that? Looks like there's a cover to remove?

Thanks for any help :) Pictures are great if possible. I'm a visual learner... :)

2. oberkc

oberkc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    While I have not done it personally, I had the dealer run a usb cable to the dash top. He ran it through the A pillar.

Out of curiosity (anticipating future interest in this), I asked about removal of the pillar cover. As I understand it, the cover partially pulls off, then you must turn the fasteners to fully remove it. He described it as pretty intuitive and self-evident.

3. dellrio

dellrio Im pretty much awesome

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Just start tugging on it - Most pillar removals are not attached by anything other than friction. If you pull with considerable force and it is still not coming off, you should be able to see where the fasteners are. The fuse box cover comes off with no tools - just look for it. If you need to get to the backside of the fuse box there are a couple screws that need to be removed - you will see them then you take off the cover, once those screws are removed the unit will be in your hands.

4. col127

col127 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks - where exactly is the fuse box cover? Right beside the engine release?