1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to Remove Front and Rear Passenger Seats?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Theme57, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Theme57

Theme57 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello all,

TL: DR
    How do I remove the front and rear passenger seats so I have more room in the vehicle? I am handy and can build a short platform to cover any exposed wires if the need be. I am bringing about 250 - 260 cubic feet worth of different sized boxes and misc items from Los Angeles, CA to Kent, WA; round trip is about 2300 - 2400 miles. Although, 1/3 to 1/2 can likely be tossed (old clothes, toys, items cheap enough to purchase again or be sold quickly for cheap).

Detailed Version
    So here is the basis. My father and I recently moved to Kent, WA from Los Angeles, CA. We have had all of our worldly belongings in storage for the past year. The most economical way to use the Prius and take about two to four trips to get the belongings we need. After everything this past year we realized about 1/3 to 1/2 of the items in there are things we don't need. Currently, we have close to 250 - 260 cubic feet worth of items in boxed between 24x24x18 and 24x24x36. There are also some large paintings I know can fit in the car and other small misc items. To maximize space I am thinking of removing the front and rear passenger seats for more room.

For those wondering the details - long story short we became homeless due to my father becoming sick and overworked. I helped out and we got back on our feet after discovering how wonderful WA was. We now need to bring all of your items up from the south. Enterprise quoted us at $600 for four days and I calculated another $600 in gas costs for the round trip ($1200). U Haul one way would be $1300 at a drop off location with a $150 plane ticket not counting food and gas along the way. Even renting a small pod would be $1300 and I would still need to send them the key to storage. A round trip in the Prius would be $175 in gas. In LA I can stay at a Korean 24 Hour Spa for $25 and a full meal is about $10 - $15. Food along the way would be under $25 as well. Even getting an oil change after all is said and done would be much less than renting a van or truck. The only trade off is time which I have quite a bit of.

2. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Here ya go...

Attached Files:

ReDave likes this.