1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to remove the rear wiper blade ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Superdrol, May 5, 2011.

1. rosweed

rosweed New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    This video answered all my questions. Problem is, the Anco wiper doesn't fit the Prius. I had to remove the old wiper blade and replace it with the blade from the new Anco wiper. It took about 10 minutes to remove the wires from the old blade and figure out where they went in the new blade.

Attached Files:

2. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Hey - That's MY avatar!

3. Spook

Spook Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The trick to replacing the rear wiper blade (on my 2008, at least) is to pop the cover off of the pivot bolt cover down at the bottom of the wiper arm. That allows the arm to pivot all the way up, where the blade assembly will easily turn 90 degrees and slide off.

The first cheap replacement blade I got was not the sleek aerodynamic shape as came with the car, so I was just going to swap rubber pieces, but the new one had a rubber cross section that was too thick to slide into the existing arm. Fortunately the store let me swap it with one that was $2 more, but the rubber had the right cross section to easily slide into the existing arm. Pop the pivot bolt cover back on and call it done!