1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HOW to remove this clip?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Stevewoods, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Stevewoods

Stevewoods Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am frantically trying to dry-out the passenger side floor well of a 2019 Subaru. I have most of the floor tore up and am running a small space heater full-blast, supplemented by the exhaust of a shop vac.

The sill plate and a kick panel was held on by these clips. I managed to pull the sill plate and panel off, but the clips remain in their respective holes and despite my best efforts with needle-nose pliers and/or a screwdriver, don't want to come out. I know I CAN get them out but they would probably be damaged beyond use.

It's not that I am trying to save my $4 it's just the local Subbie dealer says they can't get replacements until Thursday and I NEED to haul some passengers this week....

Any secret to getting these out? Or anyone know if some other clip will work? It's Subaru 909130096

[​IMG]

2. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Easy; pry up with a narrow v shaped removal tool under the lowest flange. If you don't have the tool, two flat blade screw drivers will work.

edthefox5 likes this.
  3. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    edthefox5 likes this.
  4. John321

John321 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    #4 John321, Jan 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  5. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    The other end slides into a u shaped keyhole like slot on the trim piece.

6. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Auveco #22343, offered by autobodyclips.com and other distributors.

7. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I've got one of the many flavors of this kind of wire crimper riding around in my car tools anyway:

[​IMG]

and for me it works wonders to grab those kinds of clips (in the nose of the crimper, flat), and use a random screwdriver, socket, etc., under the handle of the thing as a fulcrum to lever the clip out. Works well enough I haven't really been tempted by an 'official' clip puller tool.

8. Stevewoods

Stevewoods Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks, all. Sort of in a panic mode. Have a father-in-law who went into rapid decline in the past few days and needs to be sent to a "home" ASAP. Wife is frantic and wants me in Oregon, "yesterday."

I do have a V-clip puller somewhere. I forgot about it. Have to find it -- but I don't think it will fit into spaces available unless I remove MUCH MUCH more of the interior, including the gasket around the door. Really don't want to go there.

If I end up destroying one, looking for a twin at NAPA or O'Reiley's is a good idea.