1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to Replace a Defective Touchscreen (Digitizer) on a 2010 (Gen 3) Toyota Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Duck Pants, Nov 7, 2017.

1. prmp945

prmp945 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Glad to hear you got it sorted, Rachael! And I agree with you 100% about the ribbon cable connector. I think a few people have assumed it was a "flip up" latch rather than a "pull out" lock because they have prior experience with the flip-type latch but not the pull-type lock. The video you posted makes it very clear! Prying up on the latch with force would definitely be likely to cause a broken connector.

2. PaulMarshall

PaulMarshall Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes after I pulled the 12v positive lead and then the orange traction battery plug... let it sit about ten minutes and then replaced orange plug and reconnected 12v battery, all buttons started to work as intended and no issues what so ever.

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been on my lately.

I'm having "check hybrid system" issues 35k miles later (so not related to MFD fix) and got on here to ask some questions in another thread.

3. JessicaF

JessicaF New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I read these posts and thought I could do the replacement - my touch screen hasn't been working for over a year since I had a dead battery/jump start. Everything else works, all of the buttons, and the screen registers, but no touch, which means I can't pair my new phone. I read the posts again today and I'm very worried about ruining the whole unit. Anyone in the Los Angeles area that could help/do the install for me (paid, of course)?