1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to tell if this Prius Five has Advanced Technology Package

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by squirm, Jun 23, 2014.

1. squirm

squirm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm looking at a used Prius with the Advanced Technology Package. However I'm not sure how to tell if the car has it or not. Searching the forum it looks like there should be some addition buttons on the steering wheel. Does this Prius have it?

[​IMG]

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Looks like it, it's got the radar distance button and LKA button on the steering wheel as well as the self park button near the right knee.

BrianPB likes this.
  3. KennyGS

KennyGS Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Looks like my interior.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What Paradox said. The AT Package includes Intelligent Park Assist (The Pre-Support Function button is located beneath the POWER button in the photo to the right of the steering wheel), Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (the top of the two silver buttons on the right side of the steering wheel with the car and 3 lines in front of it), Lane Keep Assist (the bottom of the two silver buttons on the right of the side of the steering wheel with "LKA" written on it) and Pre-Collision System (There's a PCS OFF button underneath the dashboard, below the driver's knee airbag) in addition to the DVD-Based Voice-Activated Navigation w/ XM NavTraffic.

5. Roland1555

Roland1555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Another quick clue to whether or not another Prius has the ATP is to just look at the emblem on the front of the car.

It will be a smooth Toyota logo rather than the raised style that you see on the back hatch. The radar emitter for PCS and dynamic cruise needs the smooth plastic logo.

Roland

6. squirm

squirm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you so much for the help!!!

7. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The AT package will also have the circles for the sensors on the front bumper cover. The rectangles under the headlights are washers.

Roland1555 likes this.
  8. Roland1555

Roland1555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Very true Jim... I just used the sensor scan before getting the car to park in a tight parallel spot for me yesterday. As I've just had surgery on my right arm and shoulder, and still have a sling, it is a lot easier to let the car park itself sometimes with all the steering wheel spinning needed.

I use the camera scan from the proper position most often when I use ipa in clear conditions, but when the spot is very tight I have found it better to let the sensor scan as I move slowly ahead waiting for the beep.

Almost forget to see those sensors on the bumper after looking at the car for 5 years now... just blends in to me.

Roland

Data Daedalus likes this.