1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

how to tell what trim package a prius has

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by johnnychimpo, Oct 22, 2021.

1. johnnychimpo

johnnychimpo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    where or what do I need to look for? Im looking to buy a prius V with trim package 5 but not sure how to tell?
    I have seen one that had leather seats in front and cloth in the back is that a thing?

2. Ed Beaty

Ed Beaty Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You will need the VIN of the vehicle you're considering to do this:

Go to THIS website and enter/submit the VIN. You'll get all the specs for that car.

Hipstor and Mendel Leisk like this.
  3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I've posted a few times before that the website linked above has the wrong trim for my VIN.

I got curious when I bought the car and the seller had it listed as a V when it was positively, unmistakably a IV.

Then I put the VIN in to the Toyota owners' site and the site said it was a V. So at least the seller wasn't scamming me; he probably just used the same website and believed the result.

I don't know how to explain a mistake like that from Toyota's own website, but it is clearly not completely reliable.

The best approach is to learn how the different trims were equipped, and compare what the car has.

4. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I would first go to the Toyota site with the vin. Otherwise you look at the trim feature and option list. For example a trim 5 will have LED headlights. Leather seats can be dealer added or even bought off ebay (they are really custom made seat covers and are a synthetic called Softex).

This is from a Prius v brochure. Some items vary by year and model (Prius, Prius v, Prius Plug In), so this method can be tricky without the exact list.

Attached Files:

#4 rjparker, Oct 22, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    johnnychimpo likes this.
  5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Are you looking for the Prius v wagon or the Prius V hatchback?

The Prius v only goes up to Four.