1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to turn off engine and not lose a phone call/ radio

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by hopiew1976, Jun 6, 2010.

1. hopiew1976

hopiew1976 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just bought a 2007 Prius last weekend and am loving it so far. The only thing I can't figure out is how to turn off the battery/engine while I'm using the blue tooth on my phone, and not have the phone call end. Same with the radio. I'd like to be able to just turn off the battery, and not have all the accessories turn off as well. The owner's manual says if I hit the power button without depressing the brake, that would do it, but its not working! What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Hope

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I am not sure about your car but on my 2010, there is a Call Transfer button that will allow you to transfer the Bluetooth call to your cell phone and continue talking, before you turn the car off.

As for the radio, the only way that I know is to keep the car running. The ICE will stay off for a while until the HV battery needs recharging. Other than that, you will need to turn the car off and then press the POWER button without pressing the brake and the car will go to the IGN-ON mode and play the radio. Be careful in this mode since you are using the 12V battery without the HV battery recharging.

If you press the POWER button again without the brake then you go to the ACC mode and I believe the HV battery will recharge the 12V battery in this mode.

1 person likes this.
  3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The Gen II also has a call transfer soft button on the MFD phone screen. Transfer the call to your handset before you power down the car.

Tom

1 person likes this.
  4. sktn77a

sktn77a Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    We just switch the car off and the call automatically transfers to the phone - no button pressing, no dropped calls. We have a 2005 with JBL/NAV, Verizon service and LG phones (Venus, Env3). No problems.