1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to unlock all the doors automatically

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by darinf, Jan 5, 2012.

1. GerryL

GerryL Master Model Railroader

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Ah, ok. Thanks. It must be a 5 addition.

2. Playa1647

Playa1647 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    So far, most owners seem concerned about the unlocking features. My concern is the locking feature. On more than one occasion I have walked away from the car and forgot to lock the doors, mainly because the remote was in my pocket. My old Camry was key driven so when I exited the car the remote was in my hand and I would remember to lock the doors. If I forgot, the alarm would set and trip if a door was opened. I would like for the doors to lock themselves after a minute or so. I'm forgetting a lot of things these days (76 yrs old).

3. joerockt

joerockt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm right there with you. I just got mine last week and have already walked away without locking only to realize it seconds later. Just have to get out of that habit of walking away. That is actually a good idea to auto lock after a minute or so. Since you can't lock the keys in the car, I don't see why this would be a problem.

4. Nicaaz

Nicaaz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    N/A
    Got it to work on my V Touring by pressing 2 buttons for 5 Sec. THANKS!
    Stupid Toyota Canada wont let me access my "Setup"- "Vehicle" on screen.

5. BTH

BTH Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three

I recently bought a 2012 Prius v model 3. The dealer can set the car unlock function to unlock all doors upon touching the inside the door handle. Also, I had the dealer disable the timed auto lock feature when one leaves the car with the key FOB. I guess the auto lock is for those who are forgetful about locking the car. It just gets in my way. I like to leave car unlocked in garage.

iPad ? HD

6. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Just a comment, but there are TWO unlock features:

A) You can program the Fob to unlock all doors with one click, as opposed to the default of two clicks. This is programmed by the Fob

B) You can program so that grabbing the drivers door handle (on the v5, also the front passenger and hatch handles) unlocks all doors, this is the one programed in the Display screen.

I use both. I lock my v3 with the inside lock button, once I open the door, it is the warmest door lock.

7. joerockt

joerockt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Wait, what? The timed auto lock feature is enabled by default? Can only the dealer do this?

8. JimboPalmer

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    First BTH drives a v and you don't, so you do not necessarily have the same 'right' answer to that question.

Your 'right' answer is here:
    http://www.toyota.com/t3Portal/document/om/OM47791U/pdf/sec_06-02.pdf
    (Page 3 of the PDF, Page 598 says the default is 60 seconds and that it is user customizable if you have NAV, or a dealer setting.

9. joerockt

joerockt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Gotcha. But this is only if you approach the car in a locked state, unlock the doors, but then don't open any doors, they will auto lock after 60 seconds.

What I was looking for was the scenario where you power off, exit the car, close the door and don't lock the doors, it would auto lock after a certain interval once the fob is out of range.

So only the V has this capability?

Bmr4life likes this.
  10. JimboPalmer

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Bmr4life likes this.
  11. joerockt

joerockt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Ok. BTH inferred he had this capability and that the dealer disabled it for him.

12. B-52

B-52 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    We just picked up our v 5 last week.....the salesperson showed us how to unlock all the doors, or just the driver's door......
    He said most people prefer the drivers door unlock only for personal safety......
    If you are in a situation, bad neighborhood, suspicious people lurking, etc, you want to unlock your door only to get in and then lock the door.....if all doors unlock, any undesirable can jump in one of the other doors.....
    My wife is the primary driver, and travels alone....we elected to leave the driver's door only, and she would have to deliberately unlock the other doors.....

13. JimboPalmer

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You may wish to set the auto off headlights to 90 seconds. (As a guy, I set them to off [ 0 seconds])

Bmr4life likes this.
  14. Bob Stratton

Bob Stratton Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I currently have a 2013 Prius II. My previous 2008 Prius would open all doors as I automatically opened the drivers door with the keyless function. I took my new one back to the dealer and they claimed Toyota had changed that feature and deleted it on the level II models. However, through a friend I found out they are all wrong and it is so simple.

Open your driver door and sit in the drivers seat. Take your key fob and at the same time press the red emergency button and the lock button and hold for approx. 5-10 seconds. Look on the dash, you will hear a beap and see a small red light and you will notice an image of a car with a single door open. That signifies the drivers door will open automatically. Release the buttons and press the same buttons again for 5-10 seconds....you will hear another beap and see another red light and eventually you'll see another image of a car with 4 doors. Release the buttons. Your car has now been reprogrammed.

Your car should now open all doors including your hatchback when you unlock the drivers door.

brookswrld likes this.
  15. BTH

BTH Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three

In an earlier entry, I referred to the dealer disabling the auto lock when I leave the car with the key FOB. The dealer used a laptop computer and connected it the car's computer port just under the dash. Now, my car never locks when I leave it. I must touch the driver,s side door handle or use the key FOB. The car will lock when I exceed a certain speed (don't remember the specific number) and unlock when the vehicle to turned off or put into park. I drive a 2012 Prius v model 3. It does not have any keyless entry points on the passages side or on the back hatch. Hope clarifies how my car works.

iPad ? HD

16. Griana

Griana Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Smokie Joe is absolutely correct. My salesperson did this for me but she told me how as well. This is exactly how she said she did it.

17. 2013-Prius v

2013-Prius v 2013 Prius v 5

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Worked
    Thanks

iPhone ?

18. GeoSchunk

GeoSchunk Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    On two 2006 Prius' I have changed the door lock programming by pressing simultaneously the lock and "panic" buttons for five seconds, not the lock and unlock buttons. you toggle through three options.

19. JimboPalmer

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Yes, some techniques change between generations, this is the Prius v (station wagon) forum.

20. rickrus

rickrus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Worked for me as well.