1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to value a 2008 250k dead battery?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Davidude, Dec 29, 2022.

1. Davidude

Davidude Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I have a 2008 Prius, 250k miles with JBL speakers and Nav. Lived it's whole live in the south so no rust. It finally has code P0A80 again, and I'm not looking to put money into replacing the battery again.

Are these catalytic converters still really valuable? I'm looking to sell the car for as much as I can get out of it. The best tactic seems to sell the car in three sections: catalytic converter, hybrid battery, and the rest of the vehicle. Willing to sell all as one if a reasonable price is offered, but most people want to give me only $1k. I sold a 2005 with a dead battery and broken rack and pinion for $1,500 before the catalytic converter boom so I know this car is worth more than that. Any suggestions?

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Yep all of that but now the battery is dead again I don't know if you got a brand new battery or a reworked battery If it was reworked now it's probably not going to be reworked again I have the same car without the nav or JBL but everything else with 280 something thousand miles and I wouldn't take two grand for it right now it's my work vehicle and it gets 47 mi to the gallon almost every day I just wouldn't let it go but I've bought junkers 650 bucks and respectable shape with dead batteries but starting one or two missing a catalytic converter I didn't even care put the $120 job be on where I live no smog

3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I'm in North Carolina USA probably not too far

4. highmilesgarage

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I just saw in the Marketplace the other day a 2005 with 248k miles with dead battery, $2000 and it's sold quickly. I think there are people out there who are taking a gamble on just slapping modules to it and reselling them for more than 2x that.