1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How'd you decide on your screen name?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by mike_m, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    MeganPrius....

What kind of cat is in your avitar?

It looks like a Siamese-related breed.

2. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Delta Flyer @ Dec 18 2006, 11:43 AM) [snapback]363750[/snapback]</div>
    He's a Bengal cat and was purchased along with his sister about two years ago now. They are ridiculously playful and vocal and amuse us constantly (me being someone who had only had dogs and could not see the point of cats). I just checked wiki to see if they have siamese related blood but don't see them listed. Although I was pleasantly surprised to see Bengals described on Wiki as hybrids.:)

3. Chuck.

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Your cat looks slender and bat-eared so it seemed Siamese or similar breed.

This is Mewdonna (because she is pale, athletic, and has an attitude. :p )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. MegansPrius

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Delta Flyer @ Dec 18 2006, 12:17 PM) [snapback]363776[/snapback]</div>
    Nice! Did you have to replace the screen on that door?

Here's one of both our kitties a little more grown (Cleo on Left, Caeser on Right).

Attached Files:

5. Chuck.

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Great picture of Cleo and Caeser.

The screen door was for the purpose of Mewdonna seeing the other guys as a gradual introduction.

6. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    My screen name is the same as my Yahoo ID, which is from the 60's sitcom My Living Doll.

I used to have a picture of our cat "Silver Belle" as my avatar. My Prius was called "Blue Belle" after her (she died a week after I got it).

[​IMG]

7. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Dec 18 2006, 07:27 AM) [snapback]363731[/snapback]</div>
    That always happens.

8. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Back on topic...

In the late 70's before anything online I went on a tour of the NBC studios in Burbank, California. It was a fairly robust tour and they took us between studios through the parking lot. There I saw a car owned by a very famous comedian whose license plate was "360GUY". Which meant an all around guy. I always remembered that license plate for some reason and when AOL became a reality I decided to use it as a screen name. AOL wouldn't allow me to use a number as the first character in my screen name so I just used Three60guy instead. I have used it ever since.

Oh you want to know the name of that comedian? I'm sure you recall.....

Johnny Carson

9. Schmika

Schmika New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Dec 18 2006, 12:21 PM) [snapback]363725[/snapback]</div>
    In fairness to Squiddly, this has been a topic before, and Squid answered it then. I am sure in about 6-8 months, it will be a thread again.

Also, Daniel, How do you know FSM didn't inspire him?????

10. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Dec 18 2006, 10:27 AM) [snapback]363844[/snapback]</div>
    Everything anybody does is always inspired by the FSM. Therefore the answer is trite and fails to give any information. The answer should be the specific thought process the FSM led him through to get to his screen name.

And my memory span is too short to remember much of anything Squid might have said several months ago. He's just so squiddy and changeable.

11. MegansPrius

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Dec 18 2006, 03:45 PM) [snapback]363887[/snapback]</div>
    The question is, is the Mystery Squid (picture below from BBC) actually the FSM?:

Attached Files:

12. Joe Bernard

Joe Bernard New Member

I give up. What is this diety you call FSM?

13. MegansPrius

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Slow & Green @ Dec 18 2006, 04:45 PM) [snapback]363904[/snapback]</div>
    That would be the Flying Spaghetti Monster. You can learn all about his noodly appendages at http://www.venganza.org/

14. Warwind

Warwind New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I play a lot of games on my PC (Everquest, Battlefield 2, etc), and whenever they ask you to create a character, I would always name him "Warwind", because I guess I thought it sounded "cool" ten years ago. :p

I just kept using it over and over for every game I played, and when I started participating in various online forums (fora?) I'd just use it there too, and it eventually became my online alias.

I also had it as my license plate for a long time, but I got a new one when I got my Prius. I was afraid that people would think "Warwind" was some kind of statement about the war in Iraq or something, so I switched it...

15. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Dec 18 2006, 05:46 AM) [snapback]363673[/snapback]</div>
    May His name be praised forever!

16. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Not very creative: first name nickname (Jim) + first two letters of middle name (Bo) + last initial.

17. chimohio

chimohio New Member

See my avatar - a good combination I thought

18. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I thought silver was far too common a colour, so I had to balance it out with a little creativity. Having picked 'HYO' for my one and only vanity plate, my screen name here was obvious. The plate, as it turns out, is too obscure for anyone to have any idea what it means. Go figure... :rolleyes:

19. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Dec 18 2006, 08:22 AM) [snapback]363699[/snapback]</div>
    I've been wondering, is that really your license plate? I know Virginia takes a dim view of potentially offensive license plates (when I lived there, a guy wasn't able to renew his plate "GOV SUX", so he paid for his new plate with pennies).

As for me, my last name is similar to familar nerf balls & toys that were popular when I was kid. They seemed to have disappeared for awhile, but I see the name again now occasionally. So if I can, this is the name I register with.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(geologyrox @ Dec 17 2006, 06:43 PM) [snapback]363538[/snapback]</div>
    And here I thought geologists loved to make the bedrock. Boy was I wrong... :p
    Maybe I got rocks in my head, but I've bet you've heard that one before...if I'm met with stony silence I'll know it wasn't a gneiss thing to say.

20. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nerfer @ Dec 20 2006, 01:02 AM) [snapback]364466[/snapback]</div>
    When I worked in Silicon Valley in the mid/late 90s, we routinely had nerf gun wars. Good times!