1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How's the Moonstone Holding Up?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Tideland Prius, Sep 14, 2016.

1. robsnyder20

robsnyder20 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    No problems yet, and like the color combination. My previous car had black leather and wanted a lighter interior being in Florida so didn't consider any choice. I did scotchgard my seats ($4.99 a can at wally world auto section) and got something on it but didn't leave any mark or stain.

RCO likes this.
  2. mark27lim

mark27lim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ok here are the pics of the cloth wear and tear. notice the passenger side is fine. my side always rubs against my hip and spine whenever entering or exiting the car. cars only 3 months old!

Attached Files:

RCO likes this.
  3. Coast Cruiser

Coast Cruiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    That is very strange. My Prius is 6 months old. I am a fairly big man, and my cloth seats are not showing any wear like that. (And 10 years in a Camry never showed wear like that.)

RCO likes this.
  4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah something is not right if it's only 3 months old and showing that type of wear. It's still covered under the basic car warranty, right? Have you asked the dealer about possible causes and solutions? I would think this will fall under "excessive wear & tear". Sooner the better (so that they know it started at 3 months old rather than 6 or 12 months).

RCO likes this.
  5. sjr14221

sjr14221 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Interesting. I seem to wear out my vehicle with scratches inside the door handles, up against the drivers door, and on the arm rests. I have also broken two gas doors, which I can't figure out because they release from in the car and not by pulling on them!
    I thought the blue thread was only on the touring trim levels, which are softex. I wanted cloth, but it does stain horribly in the light areas. Planning on getting cheesy seat covers to go over softex when I get mine.

6. mark27lim

mark27lim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    actually I don't know if I've got softex or cloth. I assume it's cloth because it feels and looks like cloth fabric and I overhear that softex is more like leather.

iPhone ?

dalcon95 likes this.
  7. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Based on your photos, that's cloth.

dalcon95 likes this.
  8. atterbury90

atterbury90 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Would you have any idea of the details of the availability of those seat covers in Japan? My daughter has moonstone cloth and is finding it very hard to keep clean and it gets easily marked. Thanks. Andy

9. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have no clue. But “locally” in the US, Katzkin offers OEM factory colours as well as other colours in leather. You might be able to find a local installer.

GalaxyRain and atterbury90 like this.
  10. atterbury90

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Thanks, I knew you'd know.

11. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I turned over 51,000 miles Friday. My Softex moonstone interior still looks like new. Granted, I don't have a dirty job, so that helps. But I do sometimes get in all hot and sweaty. I think I've cleaned it 2 or 3 times since I got it two years and 28,000 miles ago. Everything so far has just cleaned off with a damp cloth.

Tideland Prius likes this.
  12. atterbury90

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    How did you do that?

13. JImmyPriNew

JImmyPriNew Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a 2016 Prius with Moonstone seats. They have held up extremely well. I never had to clean them just brush off once in a while.. The first few years I did car camping and many hiking trips. Many trips to Home Depot carrying bulky items including lumber. But where the lumber touched seat area I would wrap a towel around it. I have a brief view of the seats in my current video here on this forum titled 2016 Prius 5 year Update. I have a video on my YouTube channel during the first year I had the car titled 2016 Prius Interior.

jerrymildred and Tideland Prius like this.
  14. GalaxyRain

GalaxyRain Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Glad to read this thread. I’m getting my car this week and after 12 years with a car with a black interior, which is awful in summer, I opted for Moonstone. First thing I plan on doing is scotchguarding it.