1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How's this for mileage? (Final Tank Result!)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Tideland Prius, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny Hamilton @ Sep 14 2007, 01:45 AM) [snapback]512417[/snapback]</div>
    hmm.. I'm not sure. The number I'm using, I've got it somewhere 10.. maybe more years ago (I just had it memorised). So I don't remember where I got the number.

2. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny Hamilton @ Sep 14 2007, 04:45 AM) [snapback]512417[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks Danny and Tideland... I wondered for the longest time the shortcut to converting MPG to L/100KM but couldn't figure it out so I always did it longhand. <_<

Now that I know the precise conversions, (rather than just dividing by 1.6 and 3.78), I will need to update my mileage spreadsheet, as I think I am shortchanging myself on conversion on my greenhybrid profile... <_<

I am on a 4.0L/100km tank right now, about 200km in by simply driving in a non-aggressive manner in fairly heavy rush hour traffic in Toronto, generally without using any tricks like pulse & glide. I find April/May and September/October tend to be prime FE seasons, since it is about 20C temperature and don't need heating or AC. B)

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    niiice. I wonder if we should mail Toyota our MFDs lol.

If it wasn't for one single road (yes.. a single road is wholly responsible for my mileage), my mileage would be in the mid 4s easily... I'm just wondering, if the rest of you guys are getting good mileage because you're in the flat lands (I know those in AB are :p). The thing is, Vancouver hills just kill mileage, that is unless you're up and over and down again, then it averages out but if you stop halfway, there she goes.