1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HOWTO: Resetting the Oil Maintenance Required indicator

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Mr. Bill, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Rhys Faulkner

Rhys Faulkner New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    Three Touring
    you will need to push the park button then the power off button - yes you will need to fully turn off the car.

2. calvinty

calvinty Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for this pinned thread! While I rarely visit PriusChat (and much less log in...), I should have checked this thread a while ago so that I could reset the oil maintenance required indicator.

FYI, I currently have a 2013 Toyota Prius Three, and of all places, I got the correct instructions from AutoZone when I came in the other day to find out what error code my Prius was throwing up on screen. Then I see this part:

upload_2022-4-20_15-22-40.png

This helped me to *not* to bother to press the brake when turning on as pressing the brake and button would start the engine. So I reazlie that it's just pressing the ignition button and the mph-km button together would suffice. Also, yeah, I had to wait until the reset indicator bar went fully complete then I can stop holding the mph-km button.

3. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Check out the first post in the sticky thread with the NutzAboitBolts maintenance videos. They’re outstanding!