1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HSI only Turns Off Temporarily?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by GSW, Aug 24, 2009.

1. GSW

GSW PRIUS POWER

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    At the "Settings" menu I can turn off the HSI display, but when the car is turned off and then back on I get,"Welcome to Prius". Then the HSI screen is on again. Am I missing something or can you not just turn it off until you want to turn it back on again? Its not a big deal and I like the HSI display, but, it sure would be nice to control SOME of the items without Toyota deciding what you need to have on, like the @#*! reverse beeper.:mad:

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    There are several things that go back to their default condition when you shut the car off then restart it. Didn't know that was one of them, because I want my HSI display on all the time, but apparently it is.

At least the reverse beeper and the seatbelt beeper stay off. I wonder if they will reset when the 12 Volt battery is disconnected? Fortunately12 Volt batteries usually last 5 to 7 years so I don't need to worry about that for a while.

3. GSW

GSW PRIUS POWER

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    :eek: Oh Tom, don't say that about the reverse beeper. :D

I still like the HSI display and have given up turning it off. Its nice to be able to have a quiet dash every now and then though.

4. bokone

bokone Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If you are in Eco Mode, the display will always go back to the hybrid system indicator. You can scroll to settings and turn the whole thing off I believe but you cannot make it stay on a different "screen" in Eco.

5. GSW

GSW PRIUS POWER

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Aha! I'll try it with ECO mode off. Thanks Bokone!