1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HTML Tags No Longer Working?

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by mr88cet, Oct 27, 2020.

1. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Using the app Tapatalk, 2-3 times recently, I’ve tried to explicitly insert HTML tags, notably <i> and </i>, and I find that they don’t get interpreted; they just get added verbatim into my text. I’m guessing this is due to an update.

Or do you in fact see italics on the “and” above? I at least don’t; neither in the app nor in “web view” from the app.

Conceptually, this could be from several causes:
    — The PriusChat website no longer does HTML.
    — Tapatalk “escapes” < and > to make sure that they do not get interpreted as HTML tags.
    — Tapatalk, in displaying messages, no longer interprets HTML tags, and just dumps them out verbatim — raw text.
    — I’ve forgotten HTML-tag syntax, meaning that I’m manually writing them out incorrectly.
    — I’m an old geezer, my memory is shot, and PriusChat never even used HTML in the first place! (I’m pretty sure that’s not the case though.)

#1 mr88cet, Oct 27, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  2. davecook89t

davecook89t Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    My Firefox browser on Windows XP does not show any difference in the font of "and" above vs. any of the other text.

I might be missing something, but can't you just use the link function as represented by the chain in the Commands Bar above the text instead of typing in HTML code to reference another page?

3. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    So, again, I’m using the Tapatalk app on my iPhone, not the website. On that app, I used to be able to painstakingly type in HTML tags and they would show up italicized or the like. Not recently though.

However, I’m replying on the website this particular time. I’m not sure I followed what you’re saying about the link icon, but I see that the website has bold, italic, and underline options, unlike the Tapatalk app.

4. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    So, the answer to my query here is either that,

“— I’ve forgotten HTML-tag syntax, meaning that I’m manually writing them out incorrectly”

or that PriusChat doesn’t use HTML. Not 100% sure which.

More precisely, its [] instead of <>!

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It doesn't. I believe it uses php... so [ ] rather than < >.

mr88cet and davecook89t like this.
  6. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Ah, so that’s PHP... Admittedly, I haven’t looked at PHP much, yet at least. Thanks.

Tideland Prius likes this.