1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HU no battery input

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by canserman, Feb 23, 2019.

1. canserman

canserman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi guys I need some help here.

Recently I've been having trouble with my HU in my Prius Gen 3 - it wouldn't start after car started. I took the HU out and found the HU was fine. After days of investigating, I finally found the 10 pin connector for ACC/BAT/GND wasn't giving BATT output on Pin 1. I searched the wiring diagram and found it's supposed to connect to L85 Junction connector. But where is that L85 junction connector?

Also I'm not sure if L85 is the culprit. Is there anything else I should be checking?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    have you checked the fuse?

canserman likes this.
  3. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    If you have the Toyota Electrical Wiring Diagram (more info), look under Location & Routing > Instrument Panel > Position of Parts (RHD). On right-hand drive cars, L85 is on the left side, towards the top of the instrument panel, near a group of wire-to-wire connections between the engine and instrument panel wire harnesses.
    Aside from the 15A RAD NO.1 fuse, as @bisco kindly suggests, you may have noticed in the diagram that the circuit also goes through wire-to-wire connector AL4, terminal 7. If the fuse is OK, the trouble could be there, in one of the three sections of wire, in the connector at the head unit itself, or in the engine room junction block.

canserman likes this.
  4. canserman

canserman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks Mate , the problem was the fuse!! I bought a new fuse and it works like a charm!

bisco likes this.
  5. canserman

canserman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks a lot for your reply. The problem was indeed the fuse. After I replaced it all work fine!

Elektroingenieur likes this.