1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hub cap removal

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by mrudidit, Dec 15, 2010.

1. lester williams

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I wanted to do the same--- but--- my wheels were black instead of silver. [ wife's are on her 2012 'v' ] I just got 16'' wheels and tires [ Michelin Premiers ] and changed it all. My car had a bad ''wandering'' problem so this was one of the first things I did to change this--- not for looks only.

2. DoubleDAZ

DoubleDAZ Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    What rims did you get Lester? I'll have 32k on mine next month and I'm not sure how the OEM Goodyear's will last, so I'm always looking for ideas. Did the 16's with the new tires change the speedometer/odometer readings any?

Daddyjeph likes this.
  3. lester williams

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Best I remember, they were ''Konig Lace'' is what they called them. As far as I can tell, not hardly any difference in speedo, I got 205-55-16's after looking closely at Michelin's stats on the tires and tried to get really close to same height, within .2--.4'' ---best I recall. Some had posted that the factory tires place the speedo a little fast, and mine would be fairly well on accurate.

Daddyjeph likes this.
  4. DoubleDAZ

DoubleDAZ Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.