1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hubcaps and fuse box

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Bigboi, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Bigboi

Bigboi Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hello Prius Bros I have uploaded 2 pictures, i was wondering:

1.) Where is the fuse box? I dont see it under the steering wheel area and I want to tap into an unused fuse to power a usb thingy...

Also, I open up the hood and there is a fuse box there I'm hoping there is another box location inside the car so I wouldnt have to wire to the box under the hood...

2.) Are these hubcaps removable because i was pulling on them and unable to removing theming...

Thank you!!

Attached Files:

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    if it's like the lift back, there is another by your left foot. have you looked in the manual? i know, it's 700 pages.:p

Bigboi likes this.
  3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'd recommend the Electrical Wiring Diagram, which will not only show you where to find the fuse boxes, but how they're connected inside (which fuses are fed from which feeder circuits, and so on) and exactly what is powered from each fuse. (The box covers do have labels with a name for each fuse, but usually when you follow the circuits, there are a bunch more things downstream of each fuse than you would ever guess from the label. Come to think of it, that's pretty much like most people's home fuse boxes I've ever seen...)

I haven't ever pulled up the EWD for a c before. I did pull up the 2016 last month, just out of curiosity before my techinfo days ran out, and saw that it seemed to have even more than just two fuse boxes, the usual one under the hood and one under the dash, plus (if I remember right) one or two separate one-fuse or two-fuse boxes also under the dash or kick trim somewhere. Their usual design trick (back to gen 3 anyway) has been to make the inside "fuse box" just be the bottom edge of the instrument panel junction box ... all the joining wire harnesses plug in on the other edges, and the bottom edge has the fuse slots and a labeled cover, which is the part you see looking up from the floor. Again if I remember right, for 2016 they couldn't even pack all the fuses they needed onto the bottom edge of that box, it has two or three of the higher-current ones sticking out one side too (and in addition to the other separate one- or two-fuse boxes I mentioned earlier).

So I would guess the situation would be pretty similar for the c, but if it were mine I would definitely look it up in the wiring diagram for the details.

-Chap

Bigboi likes this.
  4. Bigboi

Bigboi Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Well all right I'll take a gander at that there manual and see if I, with my middle school education, can figure this outside! I'll be back !!

bisco likes this.