1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

hubcaps scratched

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by bnaccs, Jan 22, 2012.

1. bnaccs

bnaccs bnaccs

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have been taking my car to WaterWay a car wash where they run it though a tunnel on rollers for the last year without problems. The last two times my driver-side hubcap has been torn up and scratched from the track. They paid for one hubcap and now have to buy me another. I don't understand how this happens and why it never has before. It is always the front driver's side. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening other than stop going to automatic washes?

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Pop em' off and run without them? Many people like the way they look without the wheel covers anyway. If not that, then just pop that one off before entering the car wash and put it back on after. They come on and off rather easy. Other than removing the, it seems you run the risk of damaging them each time going through WaterWay.

3. momars

momars Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Try a new Car Wash?
    It sounds like it is more a problem with them than with your Prius.

4. kornkob

kornkob New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I haven't been to a car wash with actual brushes in a long time.