1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HUD alternatives for 4 Touring

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Nam Nguyen, Feb 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Nam Nguyen

Nam Nguyen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I was making up my mind whether or not to get the 4 or 4T. One of the selling points for me to get the 4 was the HUD. After incubating on the idea, I realized that the Prius HUD might become outdated fast when compared to my own personal usage. My main intent was to use the HUD for navigation. It's awesome that everything is in my line of sight, but in terms of functionality it can't compare to Google Maps or Waze. It seems that Entune navigations just gives you simple directions, but Google Maps offers lane guidance. I don't know how Entune's live traffic works, but Google Maps and Waze is pretty spot-on in terms of traffic and offering pretty good alternative routes. I feel that if I get a 4, within a few years, I'm just going to opt to a phone cradle and use my phone for navigation again. At least Google Maps and Waze app are constantly being updated, Entune maps...not so much.

So I've decided to lean more towards the 4T and look for HUD alternatives.

I think if Toyota had given us an Android Auto option, I wouldn't have to talk about this. Oh well! Thoughts? If you know of any better or proven HUD displays that link to Google Maps or Waze, please let me know.

2. Nam Nguyen

Nam Nguyen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Thank you, I'll have to check those out.

3. ExMachina08

ExMachina08 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Those all seem interesting, but I'm not sure how well they would work considering that the Prius instrument cluster is out in front of you. All they cars show have a traditional instrument cluster directly above the steering wheel.

4. Nam Nguyen

Nam Nguyen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Very true, but I've looked at some of cut-a-way views of the Prius, and I think they might fit at the region towards the windshield itself. That's in the direct line of sight, so it might work out. Once I do a test drive, I'll know for sure.

5. Nam Nguyen

Nam Nguyen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
  6. Dion Kraft

Dion Kraft Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I think its too soon to decide but thats me....

In the meanwhile cruise to Gizmag and check out whats in from idea and development wise.

Gizmag Search

Nam Nguyen likes this.