1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HUD and Hybrid System Indicator gone after jump start

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Dead12VBattery, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Dead12VBattery

Dead12VBattery Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This morning I found out my battery on my 2010 Prius was drained because I'd left a light on overnight. I jumped it by connecting the red clamp of the jump starter to the positive terminal under the hood and then the black clamp to the engine. At this point I got some sparks. The car started without problems. However, both the HUD and the part of the display with the Hybrid System Indicator, battery, and time (is this the combination meter) no longer work. The other parts of the display, such as the speed, transmission state, and indicator lights all do work. The cars also runs fine and there seem to be no other issues.

Another thing that may be relevant is that I washed the car two days prior. However, there were no issues at all yesterday.

Is it possible that I damaged my car by jump starting and, if so, what did I do wrong? Is it possible that jump starting simply blew the fuses? Is it possible washing was the issue?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. Usle

Usle Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Assuming you didn't hook up the connections incorrectly, the 12v still needs to be charged, prii act strange with weak or ded 12v batteries, so, trickle charge the 12v for a day at 2-4 amps then check the results.

Or go for an 8 hour drive;)

Dead12VBattery and Air_Boss like this.
  3. Dead12VBattery

Dead12VBattery Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank, Usle! It turns out you were right. I was assuming driving should be enough, but it still didn't work. However, after waiting for two hours and then starting again my combination meter came back. After running for 15 minutes or so and then restarting the car, the HUD also came back.

Air_Boss likes this.