1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Human Shields - Where are they when you need them?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Oct 8, 2007.

1. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Oct 9 2007, 03:30 PM) [snapback]523236[/snapback]</div>
    Straw Man?? Lets see - the military govt in Burma shuts down the internet and blocks communications to the outside world and you tell me that they are not calling for help??? Are they at least calling for people to help dig graves for the thousands that have been murdered?? You actually believe this that they are not calling for help - jeeeeeez. And tell me, Saddam called for US volunteers to act as human shields?

The straw man here are liberal democrats / neo-communists - who feel free to protest against our govt and not against the attempted birth of democracy in burma.

if i bore you - skip it - kinda like all the other neo-communists.

2. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Show me anywhere on the site of http://www.uscampaignforburma.org/ that says the Burmese people want people to go to Burma. Please. Otherwise you're just talking out of your posterior.

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Oct 9 2007, 03:48 PM) [snapback]523251[/snapback]</div>
    first i thought i was boring you?

second i did not see the people of iraq under saddam calling for american volunteers to act as human shields either - not that that is important - since under a dictatorship - they could be forced to do anything.

third - u truly believe that the democracy seeking people of burma do not want help? honestly now. or do you require them to put out an ad or post a web page seeking volunteers. the least the lefties could do is go over there and clean up the mess - funny - how they rush to iraq to help protect saddam and his sons and their brutal control over the iraqi's but they have no spine or should i say desire to help those seeking freedom from oppression - these little neocommunists - how sad to watch them operate. dont fret, iran will be needing them soon - in fact they are probably setting up the clarion now.... calling all american neo-communists - wanted -- human shields - prefer, american -- graduates of liberal universities -- esp columbia -- needed to protect our peaceful nuclear installations - including those buries 200 feet underground -- benefits offered.......

4. MegansPrius

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Oct 9 2007, 03:00 PM) [snapback]523259[/snapback]</div>
    I am saying they don't want the help you propose -- westerners flooding burma, and you have provided no evidence to the contrary. It's not like there's an information blackout that's fully functional. At http://www.uscampaignforburma.org/ you can listen to audio of monks being burned alive.

Again, the only person calling for "US human shields" to go to Burma is Planet Berman. Talking out of its posterior. That you use a tragedy like this to spew your bile is somewhat sickening.

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Oct 9 2007, 12:30 PM) [snapback]523236[/snapback]</div>
    He is the sole voice anywhere for anything he says. If he was any good at it he could write fantasy novels. But his inventions are so implausible that even the fans of Harry Potter or Star Trek would not swallow them. The fact that the Buddhist monks leading the protests in Burma have clearly and specifically asked westerners to stay away means nothing to dbermanmd because facts and reality mean nothing to him. He lives only to construct worthless arguments for his narrow world view in which everyone is either a good guy (the governments of the U.S. and Israel and the supporters of those governments) or else is a terrorist. And his arguments are so pathetic that even the people who agree with his world view consider his arguments to be embarrassing and pathetic. If you say that it gets cold in Fargo in January he will accuse you of claiming January is hot in Fargo. If you say that Olympia is the capital of Washington State he will accuse you of asserting that Spokane is the capital. And if you were to win the Nobel Prize for eliminating drug use in your home town, he would say that you are a known drug dealer. The only good thing you can say about him is that he is consistent and persistent in advocating his fantasies regardless of all opposition and in the face of all evidence. ... But I guess that's not really such a good thing after all.

Please don't feed the trolls.

6. mojo

mojo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Oct 9 2007, 02:41 PM) [snapback]523244[/snapback]</div>
    Saddam Hussein planned to hold westerners against their will at strategic locations during the 1991 Desert Storm invasion.
    Heres an interesting story about Joe C Wilson ,the one you right wingers vilify ,for proving W Bush to be a liar.

"From 1988 to 1991, he was the Deputy Chief of Mission (to U.S. Ambassador to Iraq April Catherine Glaspie) at the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad, Iraq. In the wake of Iraq's 1990 Invasion of Kuwait, he became the last American diplomat to meet with Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein, telling him in very clear terms to "get out of Kuwait".[12] When Hussein sent a note to Wilson (along with other embassy heads in Baghdad) threatening to execute anyone sheltering foreigners in Iraq, Wilson publicly repudiated the dictator by appearing at a press conference wearing a homemade noose around his neck, and declaring, "If the choice is to allow American citizens to be taken hostage or to be executed, I will bring my own f**king rope."
    Despite Hussein's threats, Wilson sheltered more than one hundred Americans at the embassy, and successfully evacuated several thousand people (Americans and other nationals) from the country. He was praised by President George H. W. Bush for his actions: "...when I arrived back in Washington on January 13, 1991, the very next day I was in the Oval Office ... The President introduced me to his War Cabinet as a true American hero.""

7. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Oct 9 2007, 04:13 PM) [snapback]523262[/snapback]</div>
    speaking for myself after reading this post ---- HUH?

i do agree though - stop feeding the trolls - it would leave everyone here with less heartburn.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mojo @ Oct 9 2007, 04:26 PM) [snapback]523265[/snapback]</div>
    Another HUH?

Wilson proved Bush to be a lier - i missed that part - must be in wikipedia or the neocommunist manifesto (DNC platform)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Oct 9 2007, 04:04 PM) [snapback]523261[/snapback]</div>
    Please dont fool around here - there would be no flood - there are just a limited number of whacko's here that served at the behest of saddam - probably a lot fewer would serve in burma because they would be on the side of democracy and their opponents fire real bullets without hesitation - they dont care about life or human rights

8. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    berman,
    are you that character from south park, whats his name??

9. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lefat1 @ Oct 9 2007, 05:15 PM) [snapback]523295[/snapback]</div>
    Daniel? mojo? joking here

10. MegansPrius

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Oct 9 2007, 03:57 PM) [snapback]523275[/snapback]</div>
    Straw man
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    This article is about the logical fallacy.
    A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. To "set up a straw man" or "set up a straw man argument" is to create a position that is easy to refute, then attribute that position to the opponent.