1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Huper Optik Ceramic 30?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Ncage1974, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Ncage1974

Ncage1974 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have a 2011 red prius.

Has anyone ever got Huper Optik 30 on their prius? Whats your opinion of it? When you leave the car out on a hot sunny day does it really help with heat that much? How dark is it? How do you think it looks? I'm think i got a fair quote at $400 for all my windows.

Also can you give any recommendations on how to prove to a cop i'm legal if i get stopped? Should i carry the receipt of the tint job with me? I heard that in Chicago they are very bad about giving out tickets for tint. I don't go to Chicago that often but i do go there once every couple of years. I live about 4 hours from there so of course i don't want to have to travel back to Chicago to fight a ticket.

Thanks,
    Ncage

2. BruceInOKC

BruceInOKC Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    No, I haven't used the Huper Optik Ceramic 30, but I have used their Select Drei (35%, which I "think" is the tint limit for Illinois). It's a quality metallized tint, but with high heat rejection. However, under certain lighting conditions, it can have a mirror effect. Please see my post under "Is There Really a Heat Rejection Tint."

Regarding the Ceramic 30, it's too bad they can't show you a vehicle where it has been installed. If they give a lot of tickets in Chicago for window tint, I wouldn't hesitate to keep the tint job receipt in your car. Keep a copy of it at home, too.

3. Ncage1974

Ncage1974 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The limit in IL For tint is 35% but there is a +/- 5 allowance. I've heard bad thing about cpd & burbs (Naperville for example) not abiding by the +/- 5 allowance though IL state law specifically says it. The ticket is a $250 ticket which i consider excessive but with it being a 4 hour drive in downtown Chicago that would be a pain to have to fight.

4. BruceInOKC

BruceInOKC Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ouch, $250 is a wicked ticket. Hopefully, you'll hear from at least one Huper Optik Ceramic owner in this thread.

5. prius168

prius168 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have Hüper Optik 30 tint on my magnetic gray Gen II. The tint helps with the heat a little bit, but the car eventually gets heated because the front winshield isnt tinted. I live in Los Angeles, and haven't got hassled by the cops for my tint.
    [​IMG]

6. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The Critic has HO on his Gen III and he thinks it's a little too reflective for his taste and would recommend a different brand of ceramic tint. You can see this reflectiveness in the photo above.

7. Ncage1974

Ncage1974 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I like the look of it. Do you think if you had all 4 windows tinted it would cut down on the heat quite a bit?

8. chickenhawk

chickenhawk Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I LLmar 35 in front 2 and the remaining 8 i got the Llmar 15. I think helps with the heat but when a car is sitting in the hot sun it will be definitely be hot inside but not as bad. I took it to vegas where its 105-110 and did good job.

9. chickenhawk

chickenhawk Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
  10. chickenhawk

chickenhawk Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    oh by the way it was done at California Tint for 170 and prob go back and put ceramic for about 90 for the windshield

11. ls1z01

ls1z01 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just got Hyper Optics 30 on all 10 Windows and Llumar Air 80 ceramics for the front windshield on Friday. I'll post some pictures when my wife give me the Prius back after work.

Updates....

2012-07-01 19.15.35.jpg 2012-07-01 19.16.03.jpg 2012-07-01 19.16.39.jpg

12. chickenhawk

chickenhawk Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    i'm gonna do my windshield in little while. How do you guys like the tint on the windshield ? I never had it before not sure what to expect.

13. wotcher

wotcher Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    3m air blue 80 is noticeably tinted blue. ho 70 is also tinted blue. ho 60 is slightly tinted charcoal. 60 doesn't look like its tinted if the rest of your car has darker tint.

14. ls1z01

ls1z01 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah... the air 80 got the blue hue color to it but not too noticeable. I did it mostly for the heat rejection and it's pretty good and at night still very clear. The Huper Optics is very nice at night because it let more light in than the regular carbon films. I have the Johnson Film Ceramics 50 on the Camaro (behind the Prius) and the shade is almost equal because the Camaro has a factory green color to the glass.

15. khoakhoa

khoakhoa Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    where did you go and how much was prices for 10 windows or windshield, Thank you

Pro job would you say?

16. tomstodola

tomstodola Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    In California any tint other than what comes from the auto maker is illegal on the drivers and passengers front door glass (and the windshield). That does not mean they will pull you over for tinted windows. I have had tinted windows for years on many different carss (always a light (20%) tint).
    My brother is a cop in WA and he carries a card that shows the tint factor when he holds it up against the window and looks at it through the glass. If he cannot read the number, it is excessive. He also will use a felony stop when pulling over a car with limo tinted glass (all windows down, doors open and rear passengers out first, then front passengers). He was shot at once out of the backseat in a heavily tinted car. Not everyone gets to patrol the low-crime areas.

17. ls1z01

ls1z01 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I went with G5 Tint in Alhambra, Call Ricky 626-282-0010 and he'll hook you up... Tell him Tom send with the Prius send you... I paid 500 for the complete car and 135 for the front windshield, total 11 windows. A+ job from start to finish. This weekend I took a trip with my in-laws to Lake Elsinore and it's 109 degrees outside but inside is nice cool temp with ac at lowest setting and fan speed at 1 bar. I'm really impressed.

18. wotcher

wotcher Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    why didn't you wrap your car in complete ho? HO 70 (blue) or 60 (Charcoal) for windshield? i hope you paid for $500 for huper optic, not hyper optic. :LOL:

19. ls1z01

ls1z01 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Huper Optics is a

Yeah... I wanted as light of color as possible... and yeah Huper but spell check likes Hyper better ahah

20. khoakhoa

khoakhoa Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in

Thank you , gave them a ring and might get work done next week. I am curious what switching to huper optik can do vs FormulaOne Pinnacle since they both have +60% TSER rating on paper, but real world might be interesting.