1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Husky Verses Weathertech

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by daisy555, Oct 5, 2016.

1. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi anyone who is out there in Prius land. Can't believe I just received a 1 year trophy for being on Prius Chat!

Yes, I'm the one who created the possibly record breaking thread on purchasing a Prius...remember me with all the detailed questions and finally finding the car of my dreams then disappearing into thin air?

We are doing well despite being a magnet to multiple abrasions, a rearend collision and very disturbing dents on my pristine hood most likely from a skate boarder. My neighbor's hood (Volvo) was crumbled but not such a big deal because her car is ancient. So upsetting but nothing I can do. Luckily reflection on silver paint disguise it somewhat Those first scrapes and bumps are so painful. The last one will pay for new rear bumper so this fixes three issues. I live in one of those cute coastal towns with Airbnb people scooting in and out. No off street parking.

Back to the point...

Which do you prefer...Husky or Weathertech? I read reviews and ordered Husky but noticed out of the box there is some rippling along the edges of section that covers center hump. Of focuses this is the part I will see the most. I know most important is how well they function and I picked Husky because many people said they don't slip as much and they give better coverage.

Has anyone seen the rippling soften? Maybe I should switch to Weathertech? I have until Friday to return and exchange. Doubt they would send me another set of Husky just to see if problem is isolated but I will check.

Any feedback greatly appreciated! Oh and in case you are reading this...Hi Wil! How is the kitty transport going? Ali is certainly busy with her charm school. : )

Thank you all!

Maria driving Pria

madmikesmech likes this.
  2. yortlecti

yortlecti Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi there, just throwing in my $.02. I purchased WeatherTech's for my 2010, front and 2nd row, and ended up selling them. They were entirely too industrial feeling for me. I actually bought Aries mats instead and I love them! They are still durable, but more of a rubberized durability vs the hard plastic of the WT's.

The fit is also more precise than the WT's, in my opinion. I can post pics of them in my car and link you to a good place to pick them up online, if you're interested! Oh, and did I mention they are quite a bit cheaper?

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

madmikesmech likes this.
  3. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Photos would be great! Looks like they sell Aries where I bought the Husky Weatherbeaters. Autoanything are taking back the Huskys and are going to send me another set once I make final decision since it sounds like the initial pair did have an issue. I should check out Aries first. Thank you!

madmikesmech likes this.
  4. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    PS: I just looked at Aries in website. Have you had them a while? Looks like some customers say they don't hold up as well as Huskys and they don't contain spills as well. I live in New England where it can get pretty wet and muddy. I unfortunately stained the original driver side carpet mat already but figure if I ever sell car, I'd be including the rubber mats. Thanks!

5. yortlecti

yortlecti Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    AutoAnything.com is where I got mine, they had the best price at the time. I have only had my 2010 for a month, so I can't speak to the longevity beyond just what I've seen so far... I've come in from the rain and had water pool from my shoes and it contained it quite well, they've held up to spills and general grime from my kids exceptionally, and due to the lack of deep grooves, sweeping them is a breeze.

In all honesty, since I am not consistently climbing in to the car with filthy workboots on or subjecting the mats to more than just typical exposure to the elements, I don't foresee any issues with durability.

Even if I had to replace them more often than the industrial type mats, I'd be okay with that due to the lower cost and better aesthetics. I'll get you pics in a bit!

6. yortlecti

yortlecti Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here are the promised pics. I haven't vacuumed in a few days, and my kids ate Taco Bell in the back seat yesterday, so don't look too close 1475847400746.jpg 1475847406016.jpg 1475847409946.jpg

madmikesmech, daisy555 and m.wynn like this.
  7. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Welcome back. I suspect this thread won't be a contender.

I have Huskyliners that I bought on line for the front & rear. They do the job containing whatever filth you'll track into the car. My only gripe is that the driver's mat warped away from the center console. They would have been bought very early 2010. They sit on top of the mat clips and they don't slide.

I bought because they were cheaper and the edges were taller.

madmikesmech likes this.
  8. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you for feedback and pics!

9. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    : ) Thanks, JimN. The warping is my concern but I guess if it was bad enough might be covered by warranty. The Aries do look nicer but I can see they less coverage. My boots get pretty muddy! Autoanything is sending me another set. Rep said they've occasionally had issues with rippling edges.

#9 daisy555, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    madmikesmech likes this.
  10. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I see what you mean. They do look more refined. Taco Bell on those beautiful tan seats! I'm a gardener and have managed to keep everything clean so far. I bought two deep plastic bins for cargo area until I can afford the mat. They hold plants and tools pretty well although I spilled some water yesterday. Appreciate you taking time to post pics!

madmikesmech likes this.
  11. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Find a large cardboard box and use the deck mat as a template. I still use it in my 2010 to cover the backs of the seats when they are folded down.

madmikesmech likes this.
  12. madmikesmech

madmikesmech Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello,
    I'm Michael, newbie here, I own a 2004, on my local C.L. there are a set of WT's for a 2011, will they fit my 2004 correctly?
    Thank you

13. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We have purchased the WeatherTech custom fitted floor liners for every car we have bought since we purchased our fist set for our 2008 Prius. Spendy, but super convenient to clean and they really do keep a lot of crap from getting on the carpeting.