1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

husky weatherbeater mats-pics

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by PapaGallo, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Advance The Man

Advance The Man New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Could someone post a photo of the Husky gray on dark Prius gray?

Could someone post a photo of the Husky black on dark Prius gray?

2. Advance The Man

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Wow, really struggled with this purchase. In the end, I ordered Husky's. A lot of people here are particular on either these or Weather Techs. I ordered via Amazon b/c of Prime membership where there is free 2-day shipping. I did go check out streetsideauto and was looking for a coupon - but could not locate any. Didn't order from them b/c figured their shipping would take a bit. Ordered gray for the mats and cargo tray. I have the dark gray interior. For those struggling to locate these (streetsideauto and Amazon are not intuitive to located these), the Part No. for the mats is #98562 and the cargo tray #44572. My concern for these is they may look a little cheaper than the WeatherTech's. Our weather here does not require the large outer lips on the liners, so the WT's may have been fine. Hope they work out - I'll report back.

3. Mockpo

Mockpo New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I think you'll like the Huskys. Heres pics although late...
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. danvee

danvee Blizzard Brigadier

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks for posting. I was curious as to how good a match the grey was....

5. Advance The Man

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the post. I think they look better than the black (subjective opinion - not trying to hurt feelings:). I see you leave your original carpet mats underneath. Is this required for a good fit?

6. danvee

danvee Blizzard Brigadier

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Agreed, on the grey.
    On the Bisque, the tan is too light (and a poor match) and will stain/scuff/look dirty too easily. Probably the reason that Toyota went with black mats in the Bisque.

7. Mockpo

Mockpo New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    No, mats not required. Left them in for 2 reasons;
    so I didnt forget where I put them
    ....and I couldnt get them out easily

I think the passenger side fits a bit tighter than the driver side.
    I didnt get a pic of the cargo mat but it fits really well. You dont even see the light carpet mat under it.

8. samsprius1

samsprius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    You are right better than black. I think the huskeys are a darker gray and look great!But if you went with the weathertechs in gray they would be to light and show dirt and wear heres a pic of the WT in gray..aghh.

gray matt.jpg

9. Advance The Man

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Are those in a Prius? The carpet looks black. I won't rag WeatherTech they look like a great product too. You picture appears they would look very good in Toyota's 'Misty Gray' (light gray).

I've seen the talk in the WT thread about how horrible they are. I don't think they're bad, in fact I likely would have bought them had I had a black interior (I'd purchase their black set). I like the fact the 'lip' doesn't go up so high. I'm in Florida, so the 'hole' issue to me is not much of an issue. I suppose if you're tracking in a TON of snow it may be. Any rate, both good products - I look forward to giving my review here when I receive the Husky's (tomorrow:))

10. samsprius1

samsprius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    No just a file photo I found! If you read the whole weatertech thread
    all 200 and some posts you will see that there is one guy that repeatedly bashes weathertechs. they have a good product and they are a major advertiser here on PriusChat and help make it what it is.
    SUPPORT sellers that advertise on PC,PriusChat is a better place:D

11. Advance The Man

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    WT makes great mats from the one's I've seen. Color was the determining factor for me. Your picture I think overstates it's 'lightness'. Agreed on supporting advertisers. Just wish this advertiser had a dark gray mat! :)

12. Advance The Man

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Received Husky's Weatherbeater's in gray. The color match with the Prius' 'gray' (the darker gray) is nearly a match. I am perfectly satisfied with my color choice. I had my SUV rubber mats in black in the Prius while I waited for the Husky's - so I got an idea what black looks like. The gray looks terrific! My initial concern was the 'lip' might be too high, but it's not. It goes flush up against the walls. The amazon purchase came in two days in two boxes (floor mats, front/back and the cargo tray). I would say if you have a Prius in Misty Gray (the lighter gray), a strong look at Weather Tech's gray mats would be in order. I think it might be a better match than Husky's gray color.

13. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have misty gray and have the gray huskys...see page 9 for pics. It is darker than the leather seat color (as you stated) but is very close to the darker gray of the leather on the center console and door panels (same color as your car)...so, it makes a nice contrast. So, as a color scheme, it is perfect.:cheer2: Misty gray is two-tone...so, the huskys enhance the two-tone look!

14. samsprius1

samsprius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    I think some contrast looks good light and dark,at first I did not care for the black mats with the bisque!
    But the tan is way to light for me.the weathertechs have kind of a texture to them and the the huskys seem to be smooth?
    Both are great products and should get many years of use out of either one!

15. DAFTEK

DAFTEK Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Except the Husky is half the cost ;) I have mine for a few months now and absolutely love them. This past winter was brutal and they surpassed my expectation.

16. samsprius1

samsprius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
  17. DAFTEK

DAFTEK Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    ^ No one is misleading anyone sir, i learned the Husky was half the price from Prius chat and the great members who provided the %10 discount codes as i mentioned before.

BTW: i also did mention i own both and will never buy the overpriced Weathertech crap that is nowhere near the fit and quality of the Husky :p

Weathertech is $169+ shipping on fronts??

Husky Liners 98561 - WeatherBeater Floor Liner; Black; 2 pc. Front And 1 pc. Rear; from streetsideauto
    I payed,
    Subtotal:$99.98
    Discount: ($10.00)
    Shipping Cost:$0.00
    Tax:$0.00
    Grand Total: $89 shipped!

OK?;)

18. Sporin

Sporin Prius Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    After 1 hard winter with the Husky's I am happy with them, especially at the substantial cost savings over the Weathertechs. However, they are not perfect (nothing is).

I had the WT's in my last 2 cars and compared to the Husky's in the Prius, they were a more rigid plastic and--I think because of this--the fit was tighter. They reused the factory hold downs, and they stayed put.

I chose the Husky's for my Prius based on the comparison pictures where it was obvious the WT's design was not as deep for this car as it is in some others. The Husky's are a much deeper mat, and were substantially cheaper, so I bought them.

The Husky's are definitely of a softer plastic, and they do not fit as snugly as the WT's did in my previous cars. They move forward quite a bit on me, as much as 2". I reset them, and they move again. The spikes are just not enough to hold them absolutely in place under my feet. While this movement in no way interferes with the pedals, it does expose a large section of carpet just in front of my seat (my seat is all the way back) and that area will need a shampoo before I put the carpeted mats back in.

Where the mat excels is holding water and melted snow, something it did very well this snowy winter here in Vermont.

Obviously, your opinions, and experiences, will vary.

What gives the Husky's the thumbs up in my opinion is the much lower price, and the MUCH deeper sidewalls. They are a great value, and they hold a lot of water. I'd buy them again.

19. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Sporin, not sure if you still have them, but i put the Husky's OVER the carpet mats that came with my Prius, even on the driver's side...thanks to a poster on here! It works great...have not moved at all for over a month!

20. samsprius1

samsprius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Lets keep it friendly and compare apples to apples! We have to be fair to all the PChaters and guests that come to this site for help!Stay with me now and don't get upset we can disagree, but don't out and out lie to make yourself out to be a hero to the husky fanboys!

Weathertech website: 169.90 full set front and rears they have free shipping options

Husky website: 134.95 full set front and rear...shipping?

Thats a grad total of 34.95 difference
    Over priced crap? I don't know what your talking about!