1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

husky weatherbeater mats-pics

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by PapaGallo, Oct 3, 2010.

1. autopc

autopc New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Have a '12 III and bought the factory Toyota winter mats. I saw the coverage and decided not to install them. Hopefully I can return them even though I open the plastic bag to see them. I also called Weather Tech and they said the '12 mounting hole location was different then the '11 Prius so they did not have them for the '12 yet. I guess I am lucky they did not have them yet after reading this post. I want to order the Husky now. Husky does not list a '12 Prius mat yet. The difference between the '11 and '12 seems to be the locking hole locations according to Weather Tech? The Husky does not have the locking holes. Anyone know if the '12 is the same pattern as the '11 Prius?

2. robertk328

robertk328 Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    They don't use the mounting holes so not sure why it would matter unless the floor pattern has changed slightly.

3. autopc

autopc New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Apparently the locking floor clips are removable on the 2011 models and not removable on the 2012 models. The Husky mats would have to lay on top of the locking clips. Not sure how much of a problem that would be?

4. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    The retaining clips on a MY 2011 are easily removed by prying them slightly and pulling. The MY 2012's should come out the same way the cars are not shipped with the retaining clips installed in their holes, the clips are usually put in at the dealer when the floor mats are installed.

Posted from my iPhone via the Tapatalk app.

5. autopc

autopc New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Do you have a pic? I should have searched more first! Pics of Toyota cargo mat are on post #71 of this thread.

6. dustoff003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    www.toyota.com then find the Prius accessories page there should be a pic there. I would post a direct link but I am on my mobile and there is no way that I know about to get to Toyota's full site from a mobile device. There are also some pics posted here on PC somewhere.

7. autopc

autopc New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Found pics at post #71 of this thread.

Thanks!

8. dustoff003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    No problem I have pics of the HuskyLiner and the WeatherTech at post #97. I have not noticed the lip to be a hinderance to loading oversized cargo with the rear seats down, it just bends down flat. The OE cargo liner is two pieces so it makes access to the under the cargo floor storage area easier than the WT or the HL because they are one piece.

9. autopc

autopc New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Anyone have a 2012 and the Husky mats?

It looks like Toyota is 50/50 with their all-weather winter mats and cargo liner. I sold my brand new Toyota all-weather mats for a $10 loss after seeing them. Definitely getting the factory folding Toyota rear cargo liner for the trunk. Still on the fence about the Weather Tech and Husky floor mats? My problem is I have a 2012 which has a different twist-lock retainer for the driver-side mat then the 2011. No one makes a exact fit for the 2012 models yet. Weather Tech was not sure when the new 2012 mat will be in production. From my experience with them it could be a while. I contacted Husky and they got back to me right away and said their mats are the same for 2011 and 2012 because they do not have holes for the carpet retainers. Husky mats just sit on top of the retainers and bump up a little. Some 2011 owners removed the retainers or left the carpeted mats under the liners. I was told the retainers for the 2012 were not removable. Anyone have a 2012 and the Husky mats? Did you just leave the carpet mats under or did you lay the Husky mats on top? Is the bump from the retaining lock a issue?

10. SlowTurd

SlowTurd I LIKE PRIUS'S

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    i switched out the black rubber toyota floor mats for the huskey.

will never go back.

i still have the split black rubber for the hatch area.

i'm thinking about some velcro hook so they will stick to the carpet.

maybe reuse the front rubber with velcro and attach to the back of the rear seat

11. Sporin

Sporin Prius Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I think I'm the rare detractor here. After over a year with them including 2 winters I'm prepared to say that I dislike the Husky mat, at least for the driver.

The rear seat piece is great. The Passenger front seems fine but rarely has someone using it (car is mostly driver + kid in back) so it's not getting the test the driver's side gets.

But the front driver's mat has been a constant issue for me.

1. Biggest problem is that it moves forwards. I've tried both leaving the carpet mat in under it and using the bare floor carpet, but in either case, the plastic shell scoots forward up under the pedals until it is stopped by a hard point. Because my seat is back pretty far, this leaves a large swath of carpet susceptible to wet and snow and I've developed a stain there because of it. Let me stress that the mat does NOT interfere with the pedals at all.

2. The sides are very deep but not particularly rigid which doesn't look as neat as it could.

3. The moulding over the dead pedal is poorly designed. The indent in the mat is too large so when I press on the mat over the dead pedal there is a space underneath, resulting in a weird "bubble" that depresses. Unfortunately this is impossible to show with a photo.

#2 and #3 are minor niggles, but #1 bugs me because it was never a problem I had with my Weathertechs in previous cars (Accord & 4Runner). The WT's fit was much tighter and because they utilized the factory hold downs, they didn't budge a millimeter. The sides, while not as tall, and the mat itself, were more rigid and fit the space much tighter. ANy water that might have leaked through the mounting holes int eh WT's never created anywhere near the mess that the un-covered area from the Husky's has resulted in.

Overall, I'm not horribly disappointed, these will do, and I'm not replacing them or selling them. I'll use them and keep shampooing and vacuuming a couple times a year to try and keep that spot from getting worse.

If I'm ever in need of this kind of mat for another car in the future, I think I'll stick with Weathertech even at the higher cost.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

F8L likes this.
  12. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The WeatherTech matts for the Prius have issues also. The Rim is to low and anything on the mat flows onto the carpet.

[​IMG]

The passenger matt folds in over time.

[​IMG]

13. Sporin

Sporin Prius Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The WT's I had in my Accord never did that, and despite not being so deep, never overflowed. The ones in my 4Runner were amazing, tall, stiff sides that conformed beautifully to the contours of the floor pan. Perhaps the Prius versions wouldn't faired as well, but I can only go from my first hand experiences with 2 sets of WT's in other cars, and 1 set of Husky's in the Prius.

Anyway, this thread is for opinions on the Husky's, my initial opinion was good, but it got worse over time. After a lot of miles with the mats, I feel that the Husky's for 2010 Prius have some flaws and, if given the choice, I'd go for the WT's because in my last 2 cars I didn't experience the same issues with them.

I keep stressing the word "opinion" because that is al it is, just an opinion. :thumb:

14. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The WeatherTech for the Prius will over flow with very little water.

[​IMG]

This is my solution to the problem. I shove an ice scraper under the mat so the water stays in the middle.

[​IMG]

15. Fore

Fore Don't look back!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Love my "Husky weatherbeater mats" the fit for me is perfect. If you look at the left side where your seat bolts to the floor you can slide the mat lip under it to help it from sliding forward. No way will I spend that kind of money on wheathertech. anything. They are way over priced for what you get. I also bought AVS window in channel visors for $58.00 shipped. wheathertech wanted $114.00 for their set. I don't care if whearthertech materials are superior all I want is functionality.

16. El Nino

El Nino Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have Huskys as well and I love them. I can not believe how far yours are jammed forward. I am a tall 240 pound man and I do not have that problem with them moving forward. That is a huge gap you have there so I can see why you have the issue.

17. samdaman

samdaman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You're not the only one. I've had them for less than a week [in a 2011 - 5], and I can't keep the drivers mat from creeping forward either.

Yes, both with the initial install and every time I've pulled it back, I hook it under the seat bracket [which I can only do with the left side bracket -- the right bracket is too close to the console curve to allow the mat under it] -- but it just creeps out anyway. I've been pulling it back at least once a day.

I'm suspecting my shoes. I've seen at least one complaint that the huskys are 'slippery' under foot, but from what I experience, I can only guess those complaints are from folks with leather soles. I wear merrell mocs with aggressive full rubber soles, and even when wet, I would no-way call the huskys 'slippery' under these shoes. If anything, I can even use my shoes alone to 'pull back' the mat. But I'm not about to wear different shoes just to keep the mats in place!

Since these mats are so accurately fitted, I really wish husky would have included pins 'glued' or 'molded-in' to the bottom of the mat at the location of the holes in the carpet for the OEM retainer hooks. The OEM hooks come out easily -- at least in the 2011 and earlier -- and a pin shaped like the bottom pin of the OEM hook attached to the mat could easily snap into the carpet holes -- avoiding any forward slip.

I suspect I will be looking into doing some kind of a mod myself to attach pins to bottom of the mat. Worse comes to worst, I might even consider putting something through holes drilled in the mat with appropriate rubber and stainless washers to make a seal.

The mats are great -- the creep is not.

18. dustoff003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
  19. robertk328

robertk328 Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Never have had mine creep forward. Are your habits such that you push it forward when getting in and out? The little teeth on the bottom do a great job of holding it in place.

20. ImeanGreen

ImeanGreen Prius v Five BP Brigade #236

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That's probably what's causing it to move the HWB forward. If you sit with most of your body weight on the left leg with 25% body weight to your right leg, I don't think it will move that much. Mine is about an inch forward though. Got the HWB because it was just less than half the price of the WT. Paid $217 for my WT in my other vehicle but the fit was perfect. Having said that, I got no problems with my HWB. Also remove the carpet anchor by using a tiny screw driver to pry out the middle pin like tab and you should pull out the carpet anchor. But don't force it because it gets hang sometimes. The carpet anchors on the 2011's are different from the picture above though.